New Fabia with 18" alloys and sports suspension

3 hours ago, daveface said:

I'm sure it would be fine, if I were getting a new Fabia it's what I would spec.....I did a spec the other day...came to £21,500 :o:blink:

Far too much money.

• Like 1

Skoda use the term Sport when they mean a few mm lower.  Nothing sporty about the suspension.

If you want bigger wheels and not a lot of sidewall hight then just go for that. 

Do you live & drive where there are pretty good road surfaces with not many potholes and not much ironwork sticking up on road surfaces?

& not high rough kerbs, or have anyone that does 'touch parking' driving the car?

The 18 Alloys and 225/35 R 18 tyres that were on some Audi A1's with only 122 ps were a terrible ride IMO, i had some on a Mk2 Fabia vRS to try them.

Edited by Offski

20 hours ago, Offski said:

Skoda use the term Sport when they mean a few mm lower.  Nothing sporty about the suspension.

If you want bigger wheels and not a lot of sidewall hight then just go for that. 

Do you live & drive where there are pretty good road surfaces with not many potholes and not much ironwork sticking up on road surfaces?

& not high rough kerbs, or have anyone that does 'touch parking' driving the car?

The 18 Alloys and 225/35 R 18 tyres that were on some Audi A1's with only 122 ps were a terrible ride IMO, i had some on a Mk2 Fabia vRS to try them.

No our roads here are far from smooth and potholes a plenty. The iron work we tend to have a lot that has sunk below road level. I manage ok with my 17's at the minute.

I think I may be best to stick with 17" on the new one.

It could also look like it's on stilts with 18" as well.

On 18/08/2018 at 19:12, James777 said:

What is everyones thoughts on 18" alloys and the compulsory sports suspension? I like the design of the wheels but could they be a very harsh ride?

I've got the 17s and Sports Suspension on my Monte. I'd say that's harsh enough without adding another inch to the alloys.

8 hours ago, James777 said:

Ordered today with 17s, 18's a step too far I reckon

Nice one. In my opinion the sports suspension does make a difference too - car feels stiffer and leans less in the bends than standard car (having driven several non-Monte, non-sports suspension courtesy cars). Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Octy09 said:

Nice one. In my opinion the sports suspension does make a difference too - car feels stiffer and leans less in the bends than standard car (having driven several non-Monte, non-sports suspension courtesy cars). Enjoy!

Yep got the sports suspension too amongst a few other bits. I test drove a Monte with 17's and sports suspension and could feel a real good difference compared to my car without the sports suspension and 17's

Can't wait now should be here by mid to late December.

The 18 inch wheels are fine, providing you like tailgating a road paving machine

Wouldn’t recommend them on any poor quality or potholed roads

To be honest if you take kids or grandkids on a spirited drive with those wheels you stand a good chance of decorating the inside with vomit

• Haha 1