15 hours ago, adnantaman said:

The original bracket just holds the alternator and the ac compressor. The steering pump is held by custom arms. And for advice do not do that except if your car is as high as possible of the ground

Skoda has accounted for that and installed a sheet metal shield below the belt components

You can and should do the same

On 24/08/2018 at 17:04, adnantaman said:

The original bracket just holds the alternator and the ac compressor. The steering pump is held by custom arms. And for advice do not do that except if your car is as high as possible of the ground

That's interesting solution. So far, in those few 1.3 I've seen on web, there was always either compressor or servo pump placed above alternator. In case of servo above alternator, oil reservoir was moved to strut brace, if present, as original place was too low. I've even seen part of strut brace, mounted only to hold reservoir

On 22/08/2018 at 15:38, Papez said:

1.3 with servo steering and A/C is very rare

You mean factory Felicia or custom Felicia? From my knowledge no Felicia was fitted with both from factory.

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

You mean factory Felicia or custom Felicia? From my knowledge no Felicia was fitted with both from factory.

if servo steering is hydraulic steering the felicia sport line had them both from the factory

2 hours ago, RicardoM said:

1.6 was fitted with both, 1.9 wasn't fitted with AC, 1.3 could have only one option from factory. But both 1.9 and 1.3 with power steering were often retrofitted with AC at dealer (even before Skoda started to sell AC in Felicia), sometimes with control buttons next to fog light switches, sometimes with factory HVAC panel. These ACs were from different manufacturer (i know about two versions, Diavia and Alex) and can be identified by different shape of heater box in engine compartment.

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

if servo steering is hydraulic steering the felicia sport line had them both from the factory

I own Felicia sport line and it doesn't have AC nor hydraulic steering :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Papez said:

1.6 was fitted with both, 1.9 wasn't fitted with AC, 1.3 could have only one option from factory. But both 1.9 and 1.3 with power steering were often retrofitted with AC at dealer (even before Skoda started to sell AC in Felicia), sometimes with control buttons next to fog light switches, sometimes with factory HVAC panel. These ACs were from different manufacturer (i know about two versions, Diavia and Alex) and can be identified by different shape of heater box in engine compartment.

I own Felicia sport line and it doesn't have AC nor hydraulic steering :)

But yet again mine came with them and the preivous owner had ac and power steering from the day the car rolled out of the dealer
They were not retrofitted

55 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

But yet again mine came with them and the preivous owner had ac and power steering from the day the car rolled out of the dealer
They were not retrofitted

But that's not standart equipment for sport line, atleast not in central Europe. 

Do you have picture? As I said before, they were often retrofitted at dealer, before they were sold to customer. Factory didn't have parts needed to fit both AC and servo. :)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Papez said:

But that's not standart equipment for sport line, atleast not in central Europe. 

Do you have picture? As I said before, they were often retrofitted at dealer, before they were sold to customer. Factory didn't have parts needed to fit both AC and servo. :)

well i will post some photos in around an hour

Ok, this is not from factory, it's retrofit unit. Believe me. You won't find these parts in ETKA or service manuals, because this unit was made by external manufacturer (probably Diavia) and retrofitted in dealer's workshop.

You can notice different shape of heater box, from adnantaman's, which is from factory. It has air recirculation hole in middle of the car, above transmission tunnel. Cars without AC have uncut hole there, but you can clearly see, where it's supposed to be.

Also, factory unit has different heater panel in interior, with round buttons for A/C and slightly different ventilation distribution symbols, because factory unit had extra flap and ducting underneath the dashboard.

Other differences include two-speed radiator fan, different relay box, different location of drier can and ofcourse, different radiator, evaporator and compressor.

Edit: in link below, you can see some details of how factory unit looks like.

https://hanys-agb34.rajce.idnes.cz/klima_1.6/

Edited by Papez
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Papez said:

Other differences include two-speed radiator fan

i got 2 speed fan although pretty much jammed in second speed due to years of bodgejobs in this car electrical system (ive fixed a lot but not everything)

39 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

i got 2 speed fan although pretty much jammed in second speed due to years of bodgejobs in this car electrical system (ive fixed a lot but not everything)

I'm pretty sure that will be the fan switch being worn out on the "low speed" setting.

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

I'm pretty sure that will be the fan switch being worn out on the "low speed" setting.

they have bodged the car with a single speed fan switch
and if you turn on the ac the fan goes onto low speed but if for any reason it switches to the second speed it stays stuck there and never drops back down to the low speed

4 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

well there are similarities and differences

Well, similarity is only basic principle and car model :D they are different systems. :D I must say that I like retrofit box design more, is more compact :)

Btw, is your system hooked to ECU, rising idle RPM and turning off ECU on full throttle?