negative incentive

MarkLiv

Agreed a price through drivethedeal.com and resigned myself to the long wait - now predicted to be at least 25 weeks.

Have just received an email informing me that:

"due to the 25 weeks delivery time for your car it will not be delivered by the end of December 2018 as it could be more like February 2019. That being the case you would not qualify for the extra discount of £1750 that Drive the deal have been offerering their customers."

So Skoda have started offering negative incentives as compensation for their extraordinary wait times!

Had to decline the kind offer - what has happened to Skoda?  I had such a good experience buying an Octivia in 2013 but now they couldn't care less.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MarkLiv said:

Agreed a price through drivethedeal.com and resigned myself to the long wait - now predicted to be at least 25 weeks.

Have just received an email informing me that:

"due to the 25 weeks delivery time for your car it will not be delivered by the end of December 2018 as it could be more like February 2019. That being the case you would not qualify for the extra discount of £1750 that Drive the deal have been offerering their customers."

So Skoda have started offering negative incentives as compensation for their extraordinary wait times!

Had to decline the kind offer - what has happened to Skoda?  I had such a good experience buying an Octivia in 2013 but now they couldn't care less.

I think you’ll find the blame falls on DTD not Skoda.

• Like 1

Where was the £1,750 coming from Drive The Deal or Skoda UK?

Skoda UK's current incentive is a £2,000 finance contribution on diesels if ordered before the 1st October 2018, plus 2 free services. The terms and conditions make no mention of the car having to be delivered before the end of the year.

As above, I think your beef might be with Drive The Deal, not Skoda UK.

I found carwow gave the best results for me in the end as more dealers seem to use it and play off against one another and typically will continue to honour any skoda based incentive that is included. 

You can always make an order then contact SUK and typically they will be quite willing to say yes to honouring any purchase incentive that they were promoting at the time of order. Even if your delivery is predicted to over run the end date

Edited by abaday789
Additional information
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jasoncmiles said:

I have tried carwow and drive the deal and ended up buying two cars through broadspeed. I would not touch the former two personally ..

What exactly do broadspeed do that is so special to warrant a £199 fee? And what's your problem with carwow, out of interest?

Was told that the £1750 contribution by a skoda dealer was new diesel cars registered before the end of the year (on top of the current £2k discount) so likely to be the dpd thing.

Had a car wow quote which also mentioned the discounts may change due to long wait times on the Kodiaq.

Make sure you have an exact specification, then phone round your nearest dealers with your best researched price and tell them straight. "I'll order today if you beat (match) this price and put in writing it is fixed (including incentives factored in regardless of any cutoff date)".

If you get the best price from CARWOW, don't enter into further conversation via CARWOW or feedback to them that you are or will be buying from one of their quotes, because they will then want commission from the dealer in question, and leave them no room to offer a lower price. 

Be firm and ruthless.

I'm sure the market is so stagnant (due to WLTP) that someone near will give you that good deal.

Don't forget to utilise all the incentives even if buying cash, take the finance/incentives and pay it off in the cooling period.