Octavia vrs fl led lights

Hi is anyone on here still running there led rear lights ? Or you had problems and done away with them? 

I have a set but one broke in the garage when we moved , still undecided weather to go with it or not...

If anyone got pics or advice? I got mine from ali express china ones i think 

As in the OEM 1ZD945095A/1ZD945096A versions?

Mine have been fitted since November 2015 and they've been used as rear DRL over the 75k miles I've covered since. They were coded with BCM supports LEDs so there are no extra load resistors or relays etc. The only issue I've had was a single diode (not an LED) dying on the PCB - literally a 5 minute, 5p fix.

Ancient (and bad) pictures:

tail.png

tail2.png

brake.png

16 hours ago, langers2k said:

As in the OEM 1ZD945095A/1ZD945096A versions?

Mine have been fitted since November 2015 and they've been used as rear DRL over the 75k miles I've covered since. They were coded with BCM supports LEDs so there are no extra load resistors or relays etc. The only issue I've had was a single diode (not an LED) dying on the PCB - literally a 5 minute, 5p fix.

Ancient (and bad) pictures:

tail.png

tail2.png

brake.png

Nice, i asume yours is on the right? Are yours oem lights then not from ali express? How you get top set leds to act as the brake light, and you have them on as drls aswell? 

I believe they are OEM but I'm not really sure how you'd check. They have the Skoda part numbers and logos printed in them so it's good enough for me.

The car on the right is mine and I coded them as rear DRL so they are never off when the car is running. Not sure what you mean about the brake lights, AFAIK that's the 'stock' brake light behaviour assuming they've been fitted and coded correctly.

Few notes:

- You need a FL with a BCM that supports LEDs

- I've no idea if a pre-FL with a CECM can be coded correctly

- VCDS cannot code them, it needs either VCP or ODIS-e

- You need to connect the tail light T10/W5W wiring to the taillight connector, I made a little adaptor so it's reversible

4 hours ago, langers2k said:

I believe they are OEM but I'm not really sure how you'd check. They have the Skoda part numbers and logos printed in them so it's good enough for me.

The car on the right is mine and I coded them as rear DRL so they are never off when the car is running. Not sure what you mean about the brake lights, AFAIK that's the 'stock' brake light behaviour assuming they've been fitted and coded correctly.

Few notes:

- You need a FL with a BCM that supports LEDs

- I've no idea if a pre-FL with a CECM can be coded correctly

- VCDS cannot code them, it needs either VCP or ODIS-e

- You need to connect the tail light T10/W5W wiring to the taillight connector, I made a little adaptor so it's reversible

Yh i have a fl octavia, i have the lights i got them from china, meant to be oem units, brought from ali express... only prob is 1 of them cracked in a house move, i have all resistors for them but cant remeber how they all go, and how to make the top row just the brake light.. how did u fit yours?

What resistors?

There should be a small PCB (resistors and diodes) permanently attached to the rear of the light cluster, there are no other resistors needed or included with mine.

All I did was unplug the original halogen lights, run a wire between the T10/W5W sidelight connector and the spare pin on the cars connector, then plug the new lights in. No other wiring or resistors were required. I then used ODIS-e to code the lights and they work are shown in my pictures above. Simples ;)

It might be worth adding some pictures of what you've actually got...

By directly editing the lighting configuration in the BCM EEPROM using ODIS-e.

This is an example where I was enabling the second fog on a stock vRS. When fitting LED clusters there are many more changes required but it's the same method.

BCM.png

I prefer VCP and VAGHelper instead of ODIS. ODIS is not user friendly.

This is the method I followed to activate the rear position lights as rear drl:

1. read and save the  *.bcm1 file with VCP (also make a safty backup!)
  2. load it into VAGHelper
  3. modify the corresponding BCM pin(s) with checking check boxes
  4. save the modified *.bcm1 file
  5. load and save it to the BCM with VCP

Here's an example screenshot of the VAGHelper with the preinstalled setup for the OEM rear LED lamps (left position/fog light output is selected for detailed info):

(I haven't tried it (the rear led version), maybe Langers2k can confirm whether it is ok or not)

image.png.d66366277149fb92908a99621b0bbc7d.png

Edited by mucden

The vaghelper defaults weren't great. It's almost like they didn't know how they were wired up so drove the same LED's over multiple channels and tried to match the brightness.

Instead I came up with my own simplified version that I've had zero issues with.

They look very similar to mine.

You'll need to wire the T10/W5W connection on the car side to the spare slot in the cars connector, plug the new lights in and then code them with VCP/ODIS-e.

I havent got vcp/odis-e so will have to find some1 to help me with that and maybe explain in more how to wire it up so they are on like a drl

Dont suppose u have a how 2

Rear DRL is done when you code the lights in VCP/ODIS-e. As I say, the only wiring needed is to connect the existing T10/W5W wiring to the spare pin on the connector to the rear lights. This is used to make the tail lights work :)

Where are you based? There are a few of us with the right tools that can help.

20 hours ago, langers2k said:

Rear DRL is done when you code the lights in VCP/ODIS-e. As I say, the only wiring needed is to connect the existing T10/W5W wiring to the spare pin on the connector to the rear lights. This is used to make the tail lights work :)

Where are you based? There are a few of us with the right tools that can help.

Im in essex but happy to travel a bit and even pay for any help, i dont mind stripping and fixing just no good with wiring, 

34 minutes ago, langers2k said:

I'll have a dig in the garage and see if I have the right bits I need to make the adaptors and let you know :)

Big thanks like i say im happy to travel if some1 will code for me