Order books closed

I've just been told that due to post-dieselgate homologation work at the factory, order books for the vRS are closed and probably won't open until late November/December. 

I'm probably going to have to extend my current lease beyond February now  :-(

55 minutes ago, mattlittle said:

I've just been told that due to post-dieselgate homologation work at the factory, order books for the vRS are closed and probably won't open until late November/December. 

I'm probably going to have to extend my current lease beyond February now  :-(

They closed 6 months ago, hopefully opening again in the next few weeks but nobody knows for sure

They are building cars, there are models with WLTP approval since July that will be arriving in the UK and being first registered after August.

There are also cars with no WLTP & tested under the old system that were built before the 1st June that under Derogation Rules can be First Registered after August.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/451121-euro-6d-temp 

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp 

Edited by Offski

7 hours ago, mattlittle said:

Contacted Skoda UK who helpfully offered no fiance as to when order books for the Vs would reopen. 

I indicated that the only realistic option was to go to another manufacturer. They thanked me for my historic custom. 

They didn't offer you a nice buxom wench to tell you when the order books will reopen and marry you? :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

They didn't offer you a nice buxom wench to tell you when the order books will reopen and marry you? :D

Nice!

No, they were far less accommodating!

They also offered no *indication* as to when the order book for the *vRS* would reopen. 

They were closed. I ordered a diesel vrs 2nd week in May. Dealer called me the Monday after to say it was cancelled by the factory.

Order books are now open, I reordered about 4wks ago now. Spoke to dealer on fri and order is accepted with a build week 48. But reckons this will change to earlier when factory gets back to full flow after the summer shut down.

Hope so I want the car asap!

• Haha 1