MY19 vRS Diesel Manual discontinued???

I've been trying to order a new vRS for the last couple of months as my current one comes to the end of its warranty period and have been getting the same conflicting stories everyone else has. However my dealer (Northern Ireland) has now come back to me and stated that it has been confirmed to them via retail support that the vRS manual diesel has been discontinued (subject to possible change in the future).

Has anyone got a confirmed order for MY19 vRS Diesel Manual? The manual has been included in all the MY19 documentation so this seems an out of the blue surprise to me

6 hours ago, carrock said:

Configurator has recently been updated to reflect MY19

Not for Octavias:

" Factory orders from June will reflect Model Year 19 specification and pricing. Our website and configurator reflects Model Year 18 specifications (including fuel efficiency and emissions performance) and pricing. These models are available from UK stock only. Please speak to your local ŠKODA retailer for more information. "

They've moved the message from popping up on the front screen of the configurator as a whole, presumably because some models (Fabias??) are now MY19 on the configurator.

But the message has reappeared as  a footnote for Octavias.

Hi there,

I was in the same boat as you. The company I was dealing with said that manual Vrs diesels are to be discontinued much to my dismay. However after looking into DSG I thought why not and have gone and ordered that. I placed the order at the end of last month.

Best wishes and yeah it is a tad annoying that there is no manual, however I regularly see people comment saying once you have a dsg you never want to go back...time will tell!

• Like 1

On 29/08/2018 at 15:10, CymroHuw said:

Hi there,

I was in the same boat as you. The company I was dealing with said that manual Vrs diesels are to be discontinued much to my dismay. However after looking into DSG I thought why not and have gone and ordered that. I placed the order at the end of last month.

Best wishes and yeah it is a tad annoying that there is no manual, however I regularly see people comment saying once you have a dsg you never want to go back...time will tell!

I'll 2nd that

I've driven loads of manuals and a few autos (including a vrs diesel and a 520d) and those autos which had either flappy paddles or a sequential gear stick thingymajig were great, as you can treat them as semi automatic.

VAG cars having DSG gearboxes is a bit of a blessing because some automatics are AWFUL to drive. The worst one I had the misfortune to drive was a mk2 focus diesel and you were always asking for the gears.