Marshalls Skoda - Oxford

Avoid at all costs.

Tried ordering a motability vehicle here, comms were non existent at first.

Day after ordering a vehicle, I emailed asking about the reversible mat and if it was compatible, and that on here they can be had for £55 - took 3 weeks of pestering to finally get a reply of 'don't know, it's £63, do you want to order it?'

I complained to exec office who agreed that is not the way they want potential skoda customers to be treated, they made the dealer order the part in to check its compatibility.

When it arrived i had a phone call from the sales manager on his mobile insisting i attend the 'checking of the compatibility' as i have 'trust issues', and because the mat seemed 'very important to me'. He was rude, aggressive,  belittling, and insistent.

So i again reported this to the exec office, who when they approached the sales manager, told them my account was not what happened i.e lied and made out me to be the problem, and as the call he made was from his personal mobile and not the work phone they have no way of recalling the call.

I then had an email from the manager of dealership saying that inlight of my complaint about the sales manager, he has taken away the discount on the advance payment of the car offered to me and the full amount will be needed!

I cancelled the order for the car. 

11 minutes ago, Wino said:

It seems to be getting more and more difficult to find a good dealership. You made the right decision in cancelling, well done.

Never had a problem with previous motability cars, this one astonished me, wasn't prepared for it. 

If previous comms weren't by email they would have probably denied all that too.

Was like being involved with a dealer on rogue traders!

We're now looking at a different brand of vehicle, the experience has put us off Skoda.

This dealership didn't have to put in any work to get our order as we test drove a vehicle elsewhere as they didn't have one, and the dealership where we test drove wasn't interested in taking an order from us - quite bizarre it was. But there you go. 

Lesson learnt, keep as much comms as possible by email so they can't lie and say otherwise. 

• 1 month later...

I must admit I am surprised to read the reviews above.

I recently (end of August 2018) purchased an Octavia from this dealership after being offered a good trade-in value (£8000) for my previous one. Salesman (Elliott) was efficient, helpful and very easy to communicate with, both when I was at the dealership and by email, and this made buying my new '67' Octavia a very easy experience. My experience of this dealership earns them high marks.

Dave

• 2 months later...