Is this the underside of a MK3 vRS

6 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

are you sure its not a MK3? looks the same from this image?

Hmm...Not anymore. My 4x4 looks different but this another picture from same car looks a lot like that:

2_58822.jpg

that supersprint exhaust system looks good, but pricing it up on their website and you're looking £1300 for the full system.

Seems an awful lot for ultimately a bit of straight through piping. You can get a similar Milltek kit for around £600

no milltek is around £800 for the correct complete stainless system?, its £600 alone for the back boxes. I got a german FMS full system for £600 all in after some bargaining (was £850). Ill post some images and videos of the active sound unit once its plumbed in, i just needed to know if there was space in that area just after the cat. I can see a few bungs so the wiring should go into the cabin easily.

these active sound units are fitted to all audi TDIs over 313bhp, they create a sound wave that cancels the diesel rattle for a much quieter drive.

i got the eberspacher quiet sound unit off a Q7 scrapper for peanuts and the control unit (wiring + bluetooth module etc) was £300ish 

i think the supersprint system includes the DPF down pipe which has a lot less restriction. on an unmodified diesel which was mapped, the down pipe gave 40bhp over the map alone. expensive though 

Edited by JohnnyType2

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 23:46, tunedude said:

that supersprint exhaust system looks good, but pricing it up on their website and you're looking £1300 for the full system.

Seems an awful lot for ultimately a bit of straight through piping. You can get a similar Milltek kit for around £600

My full Milltek exhaust including downpipe all 3" diameter is costing £1,800!:crying:

9 minutes ago, JohnnyType2 said:

yes thats about right, the downpipe is the most expensive part.

I've gone for the Sports Cat to keep it emissions/MOT friendly as well which adds another £150 to the cheaper option. Should sound good will upload standard cold start video before and after when fitted in a few weeks time.:D

Edited by shyVRS245
wrong word

6 minutes ago, Kenrw8 said:

My Fabia stock diameter stainless exhaust with sports cat and two resonators ,to make it quiet, was £760. Catback from Powerflo downpipe and cat Tony Banks (Longlife).

Yeah should have explained mine will be resonated as well so it's not too neighbour unfriendly when I leave for work at 0510 in the morning!:biggrin: