Is this the underside of a MK3 vRS

Hi guys. Am running the Supersprint Non Resonated exhaust and it’s expensive for sure but well worth it. It’s silent for normal driving (considering it’s non resonated) and when you are WOT, it’s not that loud. I love the mild tone and it’s slightly bassy...  some pictures of the exhaust and a short video of it. 

SuperSprint GoPro : https://youtu.be/ZR1zPvGhg9U

SuperSprint Cold Start Up:https://youtu.be/fjPqa1Oqv_8

AC5441F9-4AA5-4C11-AE69-A9A2A36FE8BC.jpeg

5AC13DBB-E90C-4008-849D-702CC63D6A27.jpeg

19FCF07D-B4FE-4A54-A000-1FBEA0FE8C5A.jpeg

6A72A4BF-B8AB-41FD-9514-5A6DF398CBED.jpeg

1BDBD6DE-2E46-4AAC-BDCF-544C1AC2FD86.jpeg

362047B5-0B72-4451-BC12-E81278CF5250.jpeg

C056F701-7553-42C9-B5CF-DD84EAA23BB5.jpeg

B7B97911-9967-4BB6-A5B1-62B4ADDF7C8B.jpeg

37D2F2BF-6D77-4AA3-B374-0FEC414313D5.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Differential said:

What would be the loudness difference between the non resonated and the sport racing center exhaust. 

So most exhausts without the Center resonator will be quite harsh and quite loud. Supersprint on the other hand is very very minimal and sounds very sporty at full throttle also. I was going to stay with Non Resonated for a while but when I heard how soft it was, I decided not to add a resonator and am glad I did not. See the below two videos which show the exhaust when it was relatively new. 

SuperSprint GoPro : https://youtu.be/ZR1zPvGhg9U

SuperSprint Cold Start Up: https://youtu.be/fjPqa1Oqv_8

Thank you z klasse. Super Sprint web page gives 3 options for the centre pipe ( straight pipe, sport racing and sport comfort). How would you rate the loudness say when compared to a Remus resonated catback. 

Are you running the sport racing or centre pipe? 

BTW is your car running a downpipe? I am running a stage one.

Edited by Differential
Additional information

7 hours ago, Differential said:

Thank you z klasse. Super Sprint web page gives 3 options for the centre pipe ( straight pipe, sport racing and sport comfort). How would you rate the loudness say when compared to a Remus resonated catback. 

Are you running the sport racing or centre pipe? 

BTW is your car running a downpipe? I am running a stage one.

Yes I am stage 2 with APR downpipe. I’ve heard with two resonators and it’s so silent that it’s boring. The Non Resonated one is about 25% louder than stock but no drone in the cabin or any harshness. 

1 hour ago, z klasse said:

Yes I am stage 2 with APR downpipe. I’ve heard with two resonators and it’s so silent that it’s boring. The Non Resonated one is about 25% louder than stock but no drone in the cabin or any harshness. 

Thank you for the feedback. Since I am not running a down pipe as of now, my car would be even quieter than yours. It's it quite intrusive at cold starts? What intake and intercooler are you running?

14 minutes ago, Differential said:

Thank you for the feedback. Since I am not running a down pipe as of now, my car would be even quieter than yours. It's it quite intrusive at cold starts? What intake and intercooler are you running?

BBS 17 inch 7.5J ET 45 Himalaya Grey Rims 112x5 with Michelin 225/45/17 Pilot Sport 4

APR Intake Carbon Fiber

APR Stage 2 Intake Pipe Carbon Fiber

APR Remap Stage 2

APR DSG Stage 2 Software Upgrade

APR Turbo Inlet Pipe

APR Downpipe

APR Silicone Boost Hose Kit

APR Intercooler

APR Muffler Delete

APR Oil Catch Can

APR Rear Sway Bar 25.4mm

034 Rear Sway Bar Spherical End Links

Supersprint Non Resonated Cat Back Exhaust

Ferodo Brake Pads Front (race)

Defi Boost Gauge

Forge Boost Tap

Forge Dog Bone Insert

Maxton Rear Diffuser

Rear Spoiler Ribbed Add On

ECS Tuning Front Steel Braided Brake Lines

Extended Paddle Shifters Aluminium

Helix E62C.2 & Helix E 6X.2 speakers with Pioneer DEQ-S1000A DSP

KW Street Comfortline Coilovers - to be installed next week 

• 8 months later...
On 22/11/2018 at 07:06, z klasse said:

Hi. Finally got my supersprint non resonated installed. It’s not too loud. I seem to have a drone at around 2-3k rpm and it really hits on highway drives around 120-140 kph. Will it settle down over time? The drone is starting to bug my family on highway rides. Also, you mentioned that you tried a few resonators before you settled with the non resonated. So do u by any chance have a resonator with you. 

On 25/08/2019 at 00:00, Differential said:

Hi. Finally got my supersprint non resonated installed. It’s not too loud. I seem to have a drone at around 2-3k rpm and it really hits on highway drives around 120-140 kph. Will it settle down over time? The drone is starting to bug my family on highway rides. Also, you mentioned that you tried a few resonators before you settled with the non resonated. So do u by any chance have a resonator with you. 

Hi

The drone isnt there as such unless you have load and are in the wrong gear. I did not try out many resonated ones.. I just heard them and preferred non resonated. Dont have any issue with any sort of drone. Maybe it will settle in a while. 

I had a non-resonated Milltek exhaust fitted to my previous car (Audi RS4) and the drone was SOOOOO bad that I just had to go back and have the centre box replaced with a resonated one.

Yes you can drive around the drone, but why should you have to? IMHO it makes driving the car much less enjoyable, instead of enjoying the performance you're thinking about saving your ears.