It's time to say goodbye

On 05/09/2018 at 19:06, Redboy said:

I bought a Opel Kadett  1.3 S in Berlin, which had been a large Opel dealership show car with flash alloys, dark tints and a stick on go faster kit with a 2.0 badge on the hatch boot, despite its 75hp engine. Before you laugh, it was 1983 and was pretty decent for the time. It had lots of people determined to try out traffic light grand prix, until I removed it and put the correct badge on. 

In 1983 you wouldn’t get much more than 75hpnout of a 2 litre - 110/120 perhaps.

I had a 2.0 Sunny GTi with 148bhp in 1993 and 25 years later we have 2.0 developing twice that!

1 minute ago, KevC_Derby said:

In 1983 you wouldn’t get much more than 75hpnout of a 2 litre - 110/120 perhaps.

I had a 2.0 Sunny GTi with 148bhp in 1993 and 25 years later we have 2.0 developing twice that!

My Dad's 1979 Opel Manta Coupe indeed produced 110bhp from it's 2.0litre engine. Now his Superb estate 62 plate produces 168bhp using diesel.:blink:

I have also moved on from my Skoda Octavia 2016 RS230. It was a great car. Couldn't been happier with it. Couldn't live with the new front, so no Rs245 for me. So now it is a Focus RS 2017 for me. Smaller car, but more fun. The MPG is not good and people are always trying to race me.. The negative parts!!!

Miss the space in the Octavia. Better ICE-system in the skoda too..

The worst was the depreciation.... It was a kick in the balls!!! Will return when the Skoda Octavia brings on 300 hp and all wheel drive..

1 hour ago, KjetilRos said:

I have also moved on from my Skoda Octavia 2016 RS230. It was a great car. Couldn't been happier with it. Couldn't live with the new front, so no Rs245 for me. So now it is a Focus RS 2017 for me. Smaller car, but more fun. The MPG is not good and people are always trying to race me.. The negative parts!!!

The worst was the depreciation.... It was a kick in the balls!!! Will return when the Skoda Octavia brings on 300 hp and all wheel drive..

You kept that Quiet Kettle.................................:nod: 

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

You kept that Quiet Kettle.................................:nod: 

It has been a really tough decesion.. The new car prices in Norway is horrible.. the rs230 cost 55000gbp.. Sold for 38... Just awful.. And only with around 20000 miles on it.. Looked like a brand new car..

Really hope Skoda can come with a proper all wheel drive petrol soon!!!

3 minutes ago, KjetilRos said:

It has been a really tough decesion.. The new car prices in Norway is horrible.. the rs230 cost 55000gbp.. Sold for 38... Just awful.. And only with around 20000 miles on it.. Looked like a brand new car..

Really hope Skoda can come with a proper all wheel drive petrol soon!!!

Pictures please or you ain't got one............

7 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Pictures please or you ain't got one............

It is the same colour as yours under the blue. Taking the matt blue wrapping off soon. Not happy with it. The previous owner did that. So it is mint under the wrapping.  Quite a fun car.  

5F1EF39F-2ACE-4B7E-86B8-458627AEFC22.jpeg

• Like 1

Is it Magnetic or Stealth grey? Have to admit a magnetic grey RS is high up the list at the moment, but its the Quartz/Meteor argument all over again :biggrin:

Either way a cracking motor. I'm waiting on a 300+ 4x4 petrol octy with a decent face myself 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KjetilRos said:

I know someone with a 2016 Focus RS and he says he can't get more than 18MPG. Not for me when my stage 2 Octy is completed it will have more power than a Focus RS and return a lot more mpg and still have a nicer interior. Couldn't put up with that nasty Ford interior in a £30,000 car. Sorry but I am not alone in thinking that and can barely squeeze myself in the back and finally the boot is no bigger than a Fiesta's.:biggrin:

Edited by shyVRS245
missing word
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I'll be honest, I'm not a great Ford fan but now you've said it's actually grey I quite like it.  It's growing on me.

Enjoy 

It is a pretty wild package. I look away when refueling though. The prices are wild. 

26 minutes ago, flybynite said:

Is it Magnetic or Stealth grey? Have to admit a magnetic grey RS is high up the list at the moment, but its the Quartz/Meteor argument all over again :biggrin:

Either way a cracking motor. I'm waiting on a 300+ 4x4 petrol octy with a decent face myself 

I was looking for the magnetic grey. Hard to find here. So it is stealth. :)

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I know someone with a 2016 Focus RS and he says he can't get more than 18MPG. Not for me when my stage 2 Octy is completed it will more power than a Focus RS and return a lot more mpg and still have a nicer interior. Couldn't put up with that nasty Ford interior in a £30,000 car. Sorry but I am not alone in thinking that and can barely squeeze myself in the back and finally the boot is no bigger than a Fiesta's.:biggrin:

I am currently running 25mpg. In winter it will be around 20mpg I guess. :p

hope the next generation octy can get

some proper Recaro seats. And a bit less shiny plastics that scratches when you look at it. Cant beat the space in a Octavia. 

But during the winter all fwd cars will be slow here. Its not Britain. Its Norway and loads of snow and icy roads. So looking forward to a car that can accelerate in these conditions. 

I never have anyone in the backseats. You dont buy a car like this as a familywagon. 

Edited by KjetilRos

Just now, KjetilRos said:

I was looking for the magnetic grey. Hard to find here. So it is stealth. :)

Not stealthy enough if everyone wants to race you. Overtaken 3 Ford Focus RS in one day in my Octy must have been some kind of record. They seem to be driven by poseurs perhaps.:biggrin:

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Not stealthy enough if everyone wants to race you. Overtaken 3 Ford Focus RS in one day in my Octy must have been some kind of record. They seem to be driven by poseurs perhaps.:biggrin:

You must be the fastest driver in the uk. 

6 minutes ago, KjetilRos said:

I am currently running 25mpg. In winter it will be around 20mpg I guess. :p

hope the next generation octy can get

some proper Recaro seats. And a bit less shiny plastics that scratches when you look at it. Cant beat the space in a Octavia. 

But during the winter all fwd cars will be slow here. Its not Britain. Its Norway and loads of snow and icy roads. So looking forward to a car that can accelerate in these conditions. 

I never have anyone in the backseats. You dont buy a car like this as a familywagon. 

When it snows here wife works from home and I use her Karoq so not really a problem rather than using all that extra fuel for the 360 days a year it doesn't snow here.:D

5 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I'm averaging 41MPG with 302BHP permanently available at stage 1 only.B)

Could not get my 230 over 36mpg. But it was not tuned. Good car. But some more understeer than the Ford. Worst part with the Skoda was the dealership here. 

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

When it snows here wife works from home and I use her Karoq so not really a problem rather than using all that extra fuel for the 360 days a year it doesn't snow here.:D

Cant be compared. Have 4,5 months here of snow. 

1 minute ago, KjetilRos said:

Could not get my 230 over 36mpg. But it was not tuned. Good car. But some more understeer than the Ford. Worst part with the Skoda was the dealership here. 

Ford dealers in the UK are even worse than Skoda dealers unfortunately.:crying:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Ford dealers in the UK are even worse than Skoda dealers unfortunately.:crying:

Not good that. In Norway I have only had good experience at Audi. They are easy to deal with. But the prices are something else. And a 245 like you have is £50000 here. Focus Rs cost me 52. Was 68000 new. The goverment need some taxes to pay for the third world coming here. 

7 minutes ago, KjetilRos said:

Not good that. In Norway I have only had good experience at Audi. They are easy to deal with. But the prices are something else. And a 245 like you have is £50000 here. Focus Rs cost me 52. Was 68000 new. The goverment need some taxes to pay for the third world coming here. 

WOW my 245 with options was £28,100 and stage 2 takes it upto £31,950 still less than a Civic Type R with SATNAV, yet will have between 350-370BHP.:clap:

9 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

WOW my 245 with options was £28,100 and stage 2 takes it upto £31,950 still less than a Civic Type R with SATNAV, yet will have between 350-370BHP.:clap:

No taxes like here. I am a lot in Leeds so quite known to the prices. The civic is a quick car. But a bit too much styling and spoilers. Impressive on the track when it is dry. Still only fwd. 

Tune a car here and the 5 year warranty is gone.

It has a good engine the Octavia VRS. Easy to tune and impressive driveability. Wish Skoda could put even more effort in to it and get awd and better suspension. Weird since Seat has the same as golf R. 

Next generation  octy VRS petrol probably will have awd. 

Edited by KjetilRos