MK2 TSI FL Modifications

So i found out the otherday my car was remapped at the start of the year, i only bought it last month so i'm quite happy about that!

I think other than that, its completely stock and as i'm new to this kind of thing, what kind of mods can or should i get to improve my car.

I'm not really wanting the Corsa boy style thing, just stuff that will make it perform a little more and improve the ride quality.

Any suggestions welcome.

I found fitting the poly bushes on the front wishbones and at the same time Bilstein B8 shocks kept the car online over uneven surfaces. This is on standard VRS springs. Once I then fitted the Whiteline rear anti-roll bar, there was less roll on fast bends. The Shark stage one remap put a little bit more performance into the motor. As the exhaust system was very quiet, had a decent stainless steel system made up with the sound I wanted, not too loud in my case. Very happy with how the car is at the moment.  I also do not want the Corsa boy style of mods, after all, I am 65years old.

I would recommend next going with improving the handling. 

I have fitted uprated bushes from Darksidedevelopments for the frontleft-rear & frontright-rear & it has given a fair improvement on steering feel

I had a Whiteline RARB fitted & it makes the car feel much more planted, rather than the stock floating feel. 

Some good tyres would improve the handling. I have the Michelin Pilotsport 4 which is much more direct than any other tyre than I had.

My next mod might be improved shocks & springs, but I would go for that only to improve handling rather than look like a lowered Corsa.

2 hours ago, sleeper77 said:

i would go for anti roll bars, rear first if you can only do one or set front and rear  will make a difference probably biggest bang for your bucks

Edited by vonbeck

Driver training (seriously, this will be a bigger improvement than most care to admit)

36-40psi in the tyres

redrill the rear bar so the lever arm is 1" shorter

s3 console bushes in the front LCAs

A soft insert in the dogbone on the engine

Improve the intercooler

GFB DV+

Better dampers

Sticky tyres

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, roaddetective said:

I found fitting the poly bushes on the front wishbones and at the same time Bilstein B8 shocks kept the car online over uneven surfaces. This is on standard VRS springs. Once I then fitted the Whiteline rear anti-roll bar, there was less roll on fast bends. The Shark stage one remap put a little bit more performance into the motor. As the exhaust system was very quiet, had a decent stainless steel system made up with the sound I wanted, not too loud in my case. Very happy with how the car is at the moment.  I also do not want the Corsa boy style of mods, after all, I am 65years old.

Might look into those springs. My exhaust already sounds quite nice, like a proper engine! Also my turbo is quite loud, which is nice.

10 hours ago, brad1.8T said:

Driver training (seriously, this will be a bigger improvement than most care to admit)

36-40psi in the tyres

redrill the rear bar so the lever arm is 1" shorter

s3 console bushes in the front LCAs

A soft insert in the dogbone on the engine

Improve the intercooler

GFB DV+

Better dampers

Sticky tyres

Well, i can tell you now, i am probably one of those people that needs a bit more 'training' when it comes to driving. And that much pressure in the tyres? I might give that a bash later. Will definately look into some of these things guys

14 hours ago, SimpsonMrG said:

Well, i can tell you now, i am probably one of those people that needs a bit more 'training' when it comes to driving. And that much pressure in the tyres? I might give that a bash later. Will definately look into some of these things guys

Yes, that much pressure.  No point stiffening up the suspension and then waiting 5 minutes for the sidewall to settle after turn-in.  Try 36 to start...

when i had the MY11 MK2 Octavia RS TSI, i did:-

- lowered on Eibach Pro-Kit springs

- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

- APR Stg 2+ Tune

- APR 3" RSC Full Exhuast

- HP Performance DSG Tune

- 12mm rear hubcentric spacers

so much much fun.

i would highly recommend a Stg1 tune, rear swaybar and the lowered springs.  if u have a DSG, then the DSG tune aswell.

well worth it and transforms the car big time :D

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1