Emergency brake lights????

I recently bought VCDS due to a brake light issue.

im very new so please type slowly.

im trying to activate emergency flashing brake lights and signal lights activated in emergency braking situations.

ive been on central electric (09)

long cosing helper

byte 16.....

nothing relating to it, just aux heater something or other

does that mean I can’t do it or I have to to go around it a different way?

mk3 Octavia vRS my15

It sounds like the OP is following a guide for an older PQ35 based car which isn't relevant to their MQB Octavia. I'd  expect emergency braking flash etc to just work...

@Offski - The brake light issue they had was caused by a badly wired towbar relay kit. It was causing a fog light to come on with the brakes :/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashley185 said:

just expected to see it as an option

Only if it's something that Skoda/VW think should be configurable and rosstech have figured out which byte/bit/adaption channel is linked to it :)

I don't think I've ever seen anyone mentioning changing it on a MQB platform car, nor does a quick google search show any interesting results. It's quite possible it's no longer configurable and is permanently enabled in the BCM software.

Ok thank you....suppose I’d best wait and just check it out myself.

i assumes that the channel map was the be all and end all and everything that the car did was on these maps...

im here to be schooled mate...thanks for the lesson And thank you for your help

17 minutes ago, langers2k said:

Only if it's something that Skoda/VW think should be configurable and rosstech have figured out which byte/bit/adaption channel is linked to it :)

I don't think I've ever seen anyone mentioning changing it on a MQB platform car, nor does a quick google search show any interesting results. It's quite possible it's no longer configurable and is permanently enabled in the BCM software.

On a pre-FL Octavia III this is the setting for emergency brake lights:

Coding, byte 16, enable bits 1 & 2

Worked on my 2015 model.

5 hours ago, langers2k said:

Ashley looks to have a 5Q0 937 084 AJ (H18 SW:0134) BCM, is yours the same SWBoy?

Yes, same part number with HW18 but mine has SW 0137

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, Costel said:

Carista? I do not understand...

Carista is a module, kind like VCDS, not as detailed but similar. If you dont have access to VCDS like me, i got one of these to do some tweaks, cornering lights, auto lock, rear DLRs etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bluetooth-OBD2-Adapter-App/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547213741&sr=8-1&keywords=carista

7 minutes ago, EdHru said:

Carista is a module, kind like VCDS, not as detailed but similar. If you dont have access to VCDS like me, i got one of these to do some tweaks, cornering lights, auto lock, rear DLRs etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bluetooth-OBD2-Adapter-App/dp/B00YVHGTBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1547213741&sr=8-1&keywords=carista

So I understand that the vcds will not work ... but from the module charisma will go?