Octavia se tech 1.5tsi manual estate choices! Help!

Right ladies and gents a question please!

Been into my local skoda dealer today for a contract hire octavia. 

Now I want estate regardless so that's sorted.

I'd prefer the petrol 1.5tsi as most of my journeys are between 5-10miles per trip but I do have a higher mileage usage so this seems the best mix for me. 

Only question I really need answering are 

1. Anything I'm missing as on optional extra or some are already included on this spec that'll make just normal things better ontop what I've already picked;

Adaptive cruise control

Front and rear sensors

Heated front seats 

17" trius alloys

Metallic paint

2. Best lease deals anyone else is aware of?

I'm on;

3 months upfront

36 month rental

15k per year

Servicing and tyres included all in

£288/month

I think it's a fantastic deal.

But there must be someone out there who knows of similar deals somewhere?

Thanks all I hope you can help!

Edited by greeny46

6 hours ago, logiclee said:

Be aware that the 1.5tsi manual has unresolved throttle issues.

You maybe lucky, maybe not.

Could you explain this issue please?  I’m looking at replacing my Yeti with an Oct. not an estate but I’m swithering between the 1.0tsi DSG and 1.5tsi manual. 

11 hours ago, greeny46 said:

Right ladies and gents a question please!

Been into my local skoda dealer today for a contract hire octavia. 

Now I want estate regardless so that's sorted.

I'd prefer the petrol 1.5tsi as most of my journeys are between 5-10miles per trip but I do have a higher mileage usage so this seems the best mix for me. 

Only question I really need answering are 

1. Anything I'm missing as on optional extra or some are already included on this spec that'll make just normal things better ontop what I've already picked;

Adaptive cruise control

Front and rear sensors

Heated front seats 

17" trius alloys

Metallic paint

2. Best lease deals anyone else is aware of?

I'm on;

3 months upfront

36 month rental

15k per year

Servicing and tyres included all in

£288/month

I think it's a fantastic deal.

But there must be someone out there who knows of similar deals somewhere?

Thanks all I hope you can help!

My advice is consider paying a bit extra for DSG.  It works so well with that engine (also earlier 1.4 150 bhp SE L that I have).  See if you can try one before you commit.  I don’t have heated seats, without leather they aren’t essential, wife had a golf hire car for work recently for a long motorway trip, it had adaptive cruise and she didn’t like it (but accept other do) - again, try before you buy! Front sensors - again, not essential in my view.

Consider the variable boot floor particularly if you will be dropping the back seats a lot.

2 hours ago, Kenny.j said:

Could you explain this issue please?  I’m looking at replacing my Yeti with an Oct. not an estate but I’m swithering between the 1.0tsi DSG and 1.5tsi manual. 

There are numerous threads across Octavia and Karoq etc with 1.5tsi and manual box.

There appears to be two issues, one is increased revs without touching the pedal and the other is a nosedive effect when pulling away.

Have a look 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Falmouthboy said:

My advice is consider paying a bit extra for DSG.  It works so well with that engine (also earlier 1.4 150 bhp SE L that I have).  See if you can try one before you commit.  I don’t have heated seats, without leather they aren’t essential, wife had a golf hire car for work recently for a long motorway trip, it had adaptive cruise and she didn’t like it (but accept other do) - again, try before you buy! Front sensors - again, not essential in my view.

Consider the variable boot floor particularly if you will be dropping the back seats a lot.

I'd love to go for the se l but to be honest with a discount of 33% on the se tech I can't argue with having to put up with a manual. I'd love to find a 1.5tsi day for same price but I can't!

2 hours ago, Loada said:

How about the 1.0TSI? Might be a cheaper option and allow you to go for DSG as well??

I have thought that after 5 years of saying at the start that  fabia estate 1.6tdi wouldn't last I've been pleasantly impressed.

Its just that for 80% of the driving is town and short journeys then the other 20% is big mile autobahn cruising and I'm concerned a 1.0 might get abused doing 5000miles of it a year?

Get a test drive and take it on a motorway. I've had a 1.0TSI SE (hatch) for a few months now and I'm still impressed how it cruises happily on fast roads, 70mph (+) is absolutely fine. It's not a rocket ship but adaptive cruise makes all the difference. 

Edited by Loada

I would add blind spot detection as the estate does have a blind spot. I love the front parking sensors and the way the brake is activated automatically if you get too close. I also like the adaptive cruise control, works well with DSG as it gives much smoother braking and acceleration on motorways. However can be a bit frustrating  because the gap left gives plenty of opportunity for other users to get in front of you and slow you down. 

Edited by vade04

8 hours ago, vade04 said:

I would add blind spot detection as the estate does have a blind spot. I love the front parking sensors and the way the brake is activated automatically if you get too close. I also like the adaptive cruise control, works well with DSG as it gives much smoother braking and acceleration on motorways. However can be a bit frustrating  because the gap left gives plenty of opportunity for other users to get in front of you and slow you down. 

The perks of the adjustable ACC ;) just reduce the gap in slow traffic? 

I know it's a gimic but the worse part of driving my 1.4 TSI manual is in slow traffic. Combining DSG and ACC will literally make driving around town a little nicer.

14 hours ago, vade04 said:

I would add blind spot detection as the estate does have a blind spot.

The estate has better rear visibility than the hatchback. Not sure what blind spot it could have that the hatch doesn't.

1 hour ago, Rodge said:

The estate has better rear visibility than the hatchback. Not sure what blind spot it could have that the hatch doesn't.

I'll 2nd that. I have blind spot detection on my car - waste of time really as there aren't many cars with better vis than my Octavia estate. Besides if you really need to see the blind sport then one of those £5 convex (or is it concave? I get confused) little mirrors stuck on the corner of the wing mirror glass does the same thing.

I may well be wrong but can you order just Blind Spot detection on it's own? Many of these options seem to come only in combination with other options which you need to select. Can work out hugely expensive.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, gRoberts said:

The perks of the adjustable ACC ;) just reduce the gap in slow traffic? 

I know it's a gimic but the worse part of driving my 1.4 TSI manual is in slow traffic. Combining DSG and ACC will literally make driving around town a little nicer.

I'm just gutted they don't so the 1.5tsi with a dsg in se tech!

3 hours ago, Scot5 said:

I'll 2nd that. I have blind spot detection on my car - waste of time really as there aren't many cars with better vis than my Octavia estate. Besides if you really need to see the blind sport then one of those £5 convex (or is it concave? I get confused) little mirrors stuck on the corner of the wing mirror glass does the same thing.

I may well be wrong but can you order just Blind Spot detection on it's own? Many of these options seem to come only in combination with other options which you need to select. Can work out hugely expensive.

You can order it separate without any others having to be mandatory.

As it's a business car costs need to be kept low so I think I'll skip the blind spot sensor!

48 minutes ago, greeny46 said:

I'm just gutted they don't so the 1.5tsi with a dsg in se tech!

I'm waiting for my dealer to get back but I'm going in Thursday to discuss my deal etc so will update then as I think it is available but not to the public and only businesses.

2 hours ago, gRoberts said:

I'm waiting for my dealer to get back but I'm going in Thursday to discuss my deal etc so will update then as I think it is available but not to the public and only businesses.

Good thing I'm getting it on a business lease then!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, greeny46 said:

Good thing I'm getting it on a business lease then!

Dealer got back to me to say it's looking good that I can get the 1.5 with DSG.

Will confirm when I place the order tomorrow.

19 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

Dealer got back to me to say it's looking good that I can get the 1.5 with DSG.

Will confirm when I place the order tomorrow.

That's not with se tech though Is it?

9 minutes ago, greeny46 said:

Apparently - I specifically stated that i was interested in the 1.5 DSG however I had heard it may not be available to the general public. 

When I went on to ask if that was true or if there was any possibility that they could still order something, they said that availability looked good. 

I have got back to them to clarify but will confirm tomorrow ;)

On 12/09/2018 at 09:16, greeny46 said:

Well, confirmed that 1.5 + DSG is definitely not available SE Tech but we knew that lol. 

Ordered the 1.0 though :)

• Like 1