James' Fabia III Estate 'Tarmac Rally Shopping Trolley'

Cydermonkey

Well that's the free 12 month warranty out the way and my 65 plate fabia 1.2 TSI is still running just fine... time to change that methinks! 

So some of you (2 to be precise) know that a year ago my slamvan B5 Passat went into hiding after failing an mot and is now a mouldy mess waiting to be turned into a V5T BTCC Surf van... but that's a looonngggg way off so its time to start playing with my 'Daily Driver' Fabia III estate, now there's a few problems I have with this car which I intent to fix to go from dadwagon to epic B road rally car :D 

1) its quite slow... yes a 90BHP city estate is never going to be a rocket ship so hopefully a stage 2 remap to around 135BHP should help sort that for the time being, at least it will give a little more poke!

2) its got way too much gravitational potential (I had to google that)... so either 60mm lowering springs will be ordered on payday or if I get the promised pay rise then maybe a set of coilovers... more on this later! this will help hunker the car down on the road and give allot more confidence in the corners by stopping the horrendous roll!

3) its too quiet... WAY too quiet! this is just the child in me coming out but for the moment it will be a simple back box delete and shotgun tip, unfortunately the budget wont quite allow a full custom stainless yet!

4) it doesn't look... mean. Ok i'm not going to but a mahoosive wing on the back (yet ;) ) but I do have a set of big chunky mudflaps to put on, and I will be ordering some LED spotlights to spruce up the front end and blackening out all the chrome trim, potentially a leon Cupra or custom splitter too to help airflow under the front end and a rear diffuser will have to be looked at too, as I want to get on a couple of track days as estates are a pretty good track day package. all the tools in the back, set of race wheels on roof bars up top and longer wheelbase so slightly more predictable through the corners, or so I think...

5) the seats wouldn't hold anything through a sharper corner than the motorways, so a set of more buckety seats is required, I'd love some S1 Bucket seats but potentially polo GTi fronts or maybe even an acual bucket seat for the driver?

So that's the plan for the moment, I was thinking of upgrading to an S1 but the cost would be too much for me, and the practicality of the little fabia is good, and its got bags of potential! so heres a few pretty pictures from my trip to wales the other week :D whatcha think folks?

44482636922_c51f82e300_k.jpgDSC_1994 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

30662544748_68967b944a_k.jpgDSC_2034 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

44482644832_144a5a9738_k.jpgDSC_1988 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Sooooo new wheels time! Turns out that it pays to check your PCD before you try and fit the wrong stud wheels... however an ace spot by @Updown789 while hanging our heads that the RS4 alloys wouldn't fit resulted in a set of ET Perfect banded steelies :D and with coilovers arriving Monday its starting to get there!

44966139502_9f30e1df6a_k.jpgDSC_2069 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

whats peoples thoughts? ;) 

Edited by Cydermonkey
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well well well..... hands up if you've got a slammed flared fabia people :hi:

easier to show you what happened today with the help of @Updown789 and @Hyphons two absolute legends, one lowered Fabia III on Stance+ coilovers with rolled and flared arches, oh and @Hyphons mad little shoe box... 

44751374234_76b13769bf_k.jpgDSC_2146 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

44751365184_812e31b2c4_k.jpgDSC_2159 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

44751363824_13eb5f2447_k.jpgDSC_2165 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

44751376114_6cabf694d0_k.jpgDSC_2144 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

44751368034_5949449c8c_k.jpgDSC_2154 by TheKoolBox, on Flickr

cheers all, waddya think?

• Like 3

• 1 year later...