Superb Estate Delivery Time from Order

NPH

10 hours ago, NPH said:

Ordered in Mid June, advised will be at dealer early November. Tried to change spec but told this week it was ready to build whatever that means.....

It's likely that it's now 'locked' due to it's status code.  I believe status code '20' is when no changes can be made to the order as the car is in the queue for production BUT your dealer can contact the factory to request a change as I think there's a period of 7-10 days between the status change and when production of your car will begin.  When I made a similar request with my Superb I was told that it really does depend on what the change is and where my car was in the build queue, it had just been allocated a build week so I guess I was lucky and got my request in early enough (IIRC I was 'only' adding heated washer nozzles)

Codes: 

00 = Without Production Week
10 = With Production Week
20 = With Production Order
30 = In Transit From Factory
36 = In Port of Exit not Released
38 = In Port of Exit Released
39 = Vehicle Shipped
40 = UK Port
60 = In Transit to Dealer
70 = At Dealer

1 hour ago, NPH said:

Still awaiting WLTP

Do you know what this means in practice?  Is this WLTP approval for:

(a) a whole class of car (eg L&K 280 (272));

(b) a whole class of car with a particular engine;

(c) all cars of your chosen class which have your particular set of optional extras;

(d) the specific individual car that has been built for you; or

(e) some other permutation?

I'm hoping that it is (d) and that it is expected to be routine rather than problematic.  In other words, that it has been taken into account in predicting "week 46/47".

Edited by driventodevon
Trying to get equal numbers of opening and closing brackets.

16 hours ago, Fantantonio said:

Any word on whether the list price has changed as a result of WLTP? Saw something about the 1.5 engine going up in price by almost £2k and keen not to spec over 40k for tax.

Might be worth trying this question on a more relevant thread ... ?

This site appears to have the 1.5 TSi listed, even though Skoda's own UK configurator still doesn't.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/skoda/superb/estate/variants

Not sure whether these are list prices, though.

6 hours ago, Fantantonio said:

Having been told 3 weeks ago no orders accepted on the superb 272 for 3 weeks, I've just been told the wait is 3 weeks. Groundhog day!

There's a rather attractive and very well spec'd  one year old 280 in  the Cars for Sale section ...  at a 35% saving  on new price too  :)

I was told by Skoda customer services this week that they have no time schedule for WLTPing superds. So could be any time, I've placed a deposit but the car has not been ordered, and still no date for when it can be ordered. Thinking about just walking away and getting something else. 

On 16/10/2018 at 20:39, Fantantonio said:

Any word on whether the list price has changed as a result of WLTP? Saw something about the 1.5 engine going up in price by almost £2k and keen not to spec over 40k for tax.

1.5tsi Superb estates are now listed on Carfile.net, but not the hatch version. It appears the 1.5tsi engine variants are about £1900 (rrp) more expensive than the 1.4tsi variants.

22 hours ago, NPH said:

Last update (yesterday) was that my 272 L&K was released from banking and on its way to port of exit so some WLTP is being done

Sounds similar to me @NPH.

I ordered a 272 SEL estate in May. 

Expected build week was 34. I've just been told it is sitting at Emden waiting to ship finally! 

On 27/10/2018 at 10:00, harryweld said:

I was told by Skoda customer services this week that they have no time schedule for WLTPing superds. So could be any time, I've placed a deposit but the car has not been ordered, and still no date for when it can be ordered. Thinking about just walking away and getting something else. 

Whole thing is a mess when it comes to new orders, nobody has a clue what's happening. I've spoken to three different dealers and got three different answers. Still being quoted 2 weeks before any new orders are being taken, but honestly nobody knows. Like you, I'm getting to the point of wondering whether it's really worth it for the 5-6 month wait.

My 1.5 TSi (ordered May, confirmed by dealer and Customer Services as "built") is somewhere on the way from the factory to Emden. That's the good news.

Both sources say that the 1.5 TSi engine still does not have WLTP approval in the Superb Estate, and that, until it receives this, it will effectively be stored somewhere along the supply route and cannot be delivered to me. That's the bad news.

Kudos to my main dealer who has now loaned me a 68 plate Superb Estate to assist me in what has been a four-week carless period.  Driving it confirms to me that I have made a good decision and I'm looking forward to getting my car.

Edit: until WLTP approval is obtained, apparently the 1.5 TSi won't appear on any official Skoda literature such as the configurator (or finance systems!).

Edited by driventodevon
Added para
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NPH said:

Jealous! Mine is still on its way to Emden...

Shouldn't be much longer! Even my dealer was shocked at how last week it was at the port and less than a week later it pitched up. 

Hope your's comes soon