vRS reveal

4 minutes ago, linni said:

HUD, Dynamic LED-s, all assists, ACC, 3 zone climatronic, virtual pedal, heated windscreen and seats, adaptive chassis, KESSY - all included in VW, but as option in Skoda.

This obviously varies by market. All driver assists, 3 zone climatronic, virtual pedal, heated cooled seats, DCC, KESSY are all standard in our New Zealand Style models, and more standard equipment in the Sportline. Only 38k EUR for ours, so it's a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, linni said:

I really doubt in this. Never seen Skoda with better interior quality than VW.

This could never happen as Skoda is stated as cheaper model than VW in VAG group.

How about you go and see for yourself? Numerous automotive journalists have commented the same. I drove a 240PS Tiguan Allspace and the interior plastics weren't up to par compared to my 'inferior' Kodiaq. 

• Like 1

Tiguan alltrack? = allspace?

But no need to discuss it. If You can get the allspace for the same money WITH all the add ons, then go for it. (You obv. prefere the vw logo) 

It is not the case in denmark. Tiguan allspace is ok priced here, until you start getting the extra's. 

Edited by mlohnork
  • Like 1

limmi,  Who stated that Skoda  as cheaper model than VW in VAG group?   Was that the CEO / Chairman of the Volkswagen Group?

If the list price of a VW, Audi & Skoda are exactly the same the Skoda can not be cheaper other than if there is actually a discount.  

But for the equal lost price which will have less standard features.

8 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

You obv. prefere the vw logo

Actually I am considering also new Santa Fe.

I am not 20 to give any boo about logo.

53 000 euros with options I choosed....

Seems Allspace is a go. Depends on local dealer how low they can go on price.

Also there are lots of demo Allspaces between 39 - 45 000 in mobile.de with mileage under 5000 km.

Just checked, loaded Allspace costs 45 000 here (all juices except Discover Pro and leather).

Which makes me think vRS cannot be more expensive.

Why to sweat, we will see soon.

19 minutes ago, linni said:

Actually I am considering also new Santa Fe.

I am not 20 to give any boo about logo.

53 000 euros with options I choosed....

Seems Allspace is a go. Depends on local dealer how low they can go on price.

Also there are lots of demo Allspaces between 39 - 45 000 in mobile.de with mileage under 5000 km.

Then congratulations with your mexican car. ;)

2 minutes ago, mlohnork said:

Then congratulations with your mexican car.

And why is Mexican VW worse than Czech Skoda?

Should I congradulate you on your Vietnamese Nike sneakers?

Skoda is what it is, and if VW / Audi are getting out of Diesel then Skoda & SEAT will get them. 

Vorsprung Durch Technik,  waste nothing, someone will buy or lease them!  Even if just the VW Group mostly. Then they can sell them used. Ex Management...

Just wanted to be sure that you know that "vw" in this case, is less German than skoda. 

I did not try a tiguan allspace. But i tried the tiguan. I am sure tiguan allspace has a better finish. I was very underwhelmed by the tiguan. Even though it is build in Germany. 

Audi build in Hungary, and Suzuki do, and BMW will be, but then they know how to build good electrics and cars there, and the Workforce are cheap.

Hyundai build in the Czech Republic, and Kia in Slovakia as VW / Skoda / SEAT do.

VW build in South Africa.

Global companies, just how things are.   I would like a South American built Skoda Citigo.

Edited by Offski

Until they produce diesel I am going to use one.

My last 4 years annual mileage has been 75 000 km.

And has never dropped below 40 000 km during last 20 years.

We have diesel fuel cheaper here than petrol.

Edited by linni
  • Like 1

Re Russia and manufacturing by European Car Manufacturers, or North American, or Exporting of cars, British Built as well. 

Any EU / European or NATO countries manufacturers will break sanctions and sell Russia anything they want and European, North American Governments just turn a blind eye.

I like the seat shape BUT that awful 'carbon' trim material they've borrowed from the Leon Cupra looks cheap and pretty awful. 

I also like the gear lever used in the Kodiaq; it looks like it's used to control and auto, unlike the one in the Superb which look like a manual lever with a less bulky gaiter. 

I still can't see why they didn't just offer the 240ps BiTDI in a Sportline though.  There's just not enough visual differences to make this stand out for me.      

• Like 1

Great design with everything to hand for a right hander in a left hand drive car.

Autohold / e-brake, Stop / Start, P,N,D,S markings etc etc.    Nobodies fault that not that great for right hand drive cars when that stays as is and just the wheel and pedals move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Offski said:

Great design with everything to hand for a right hander in a left hand drive car.

Autohold / e-brake, Stop / Start, P,N,D,S markings etc etc.    Nobodies fault that not that great for right hand drive cars when that stays as is and just the wheel and pedals move.

I suppose the MQB architecture is partly to 'blame' for this.  Granted it's a clever piece of design and manufacturing and whilst it makes it more efficient to use a plethora of parts interchangeably it also means that the parts fitted may not be suitable for the market where the car is being sold, from an ergonomic perspective. 

Just visited local dealer.

Few weeks ago the price was 39 900 euros.

Now it has popped up in their copmuter system to 44 900.

Which is pretty much nonsense, as Tiguan Allspace 240 (with standard equipment way better than vRS has) costs here 43 000 euros.

These prices ar still not final and confirmed yet though.

Delivery in 1st quarter 2019.

On 09/10/2018 at 11:07, Offski said:

Comes down to cost most likely, one part or screen design is cheaper than having to stock to.

• Like 1

I do not mind that much as i know where P,R,N,D,S are on cars but see others that do not.

What i have found over the decades is on various right hand drive Auto that were designed as Left Hand Drive is the Gear Indication light reflecting annoyingly on the windscreen or side window in the dark.

They will do the same on a Left Hand drive i suppose.

I just lay a duster across the lights.

Edited by Offski