vRS reveal

2 hours ago, linni said:

Just visited local dealer.

Few weeks ago the price was 39 900 euros.

Now it has popped up in their computer system to 44 900.

I wouldn't trust anything I see from Skoda in terms of pricing.

Nearly £25,000 for Lane Assist on the Karoq according to their online configurator the other day...

Capture.JPG.77d35471e94bfaeeeaac166b6d71af64.JPG

:dull:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

From Skoda website:

The red brake callipers sitting on the 17-inch brake discs are clearly visible thanks to the Xtreme alloy wheels.

Does that mean that 18 inch alloys will not fit? Or fit too precisely?

The diameter of the front discs on my 1.4 TSI 150PS are 340mm (13 inches), behind the 19" Crater alloys.

I found a 1.4 TSI 125PS SE Kodiaq on Autotrader (OE67 GZY), with the lowest engine output power in the Kodiaq range, and fitted with the 18" Elbrus alloys.

It too is fitted with 340mm (13") front discs. 

I couldn't find a Kodiaq fitted with the 17" Ratikon alloys, but instead searched for a Karoq fitted with them, it too has the 340mm discs.

17" sounds pretty big!

2 hours ago, silver1011 said:

The diameter of the front discs on my 1.4 TSI 150PS are 340mm (13 inches), behind the 19" Crater alloys.

I found a 1.4 TSI 125PS SE Kodiaq on Autotrader (OE67 GZY), with the lowest engine output power in the Kodiaq range, and fitted with the 18" Elbrus alloys.

It too is fitted with 340mm (13") front discs. 

I couldn't find a Kodiaq fitted with the 17" Ratikon alloys, but instead searched for a Karoq fitted with them, it too has the 340mm discs.

17" sounds pretty big!

Yeah, 17" discs sounds like *******s. 17" = ~430mm - yeah right Skoda. Bentley do 420mm, which were the biggest rotors fitted to a production car before the Lambo Urus came out. This is what the rotors look like on a 20" rim.

mdprjikuxhe6wsyml5mx.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Bentley do 420mm, which were the biggest rotors fitted to a production car before the Lambo Urus came out.

Off topic funfact, the Continental GT as the Audi RS6 V10 has 420mm ceramic brakes - Bugatti Veyron has 401mm. The Audi is an family estate, let that sink in :o

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Which Skoda website did you see the 17" statement?

http://www.skoda-auto.com/news/news-detail/kodiaq-rs

The ŠKODA KODIAQ RS is the first car in ŠKODA history to ride on 20-inch wheels as standard. The red brake callipers sitting on the 17-inch brake discs are clearly visible thanks to the Xtreme alloy wheels.

They also talk about it on just about every press release about the RS as well.

VW / Skoda have never been good at the conversion on mm to inch or km to miles or many other things involving numbers.

VORSPRUNG DURCH TECHNIK!   Should be better with the previous experience.

Edited by Offski