Columbus playing up

snafu

Hi all

Once again I'm asking you experts for some advice. My 2014 Yeti L&K 170 has a Columbus unit which has worked fine until recently. It has taken to working intermittently, for example this morning on my commute it worked fine all the way, but this evening it does not work. When not working it displays the "Skoda Navigation" screen and occasionally seems to reboot. But nothing else - no sound or function. Last week it did this for a while and then started working while I was driving, but twice this week it's stopped only to start working on my next journey. My phone still connects via bluetooth but I can't use it, which is obviously less than ideal.

I tried removing and then putting back the fuse under the bonnet, but that didn't work. I'm starting to think about replacing it with something better, it seems there are units with Android Auto and probably touch screens that actually work, but if anyone knows if this problem is fixable that would be better (and hopefully cheaper).

Cheers,

John

Yeah, I'm with Urrell. I had issues with my Columbus when I first bought the Yeti and all were cured by removing fuse 13, leaving it out whilst I made a cup of strong, North East tea then putting it back in and restarting.

Thanks guys, I did remove that fuse as well but I'll try it again, maybe leave it while I have a nice cup of tea, as I just left it a few seconds last time.

I'm interested to know about other units if I need to replace this one, as I can see a few on the internet but I'd love to know if they are recommended.

I'll do that, cheers!

4 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Have you looked at the entrepreneur zone ? Columbus sales and repair or contact “rusty nuts” via pm for help.