Closing boot with fob and button

IIRC Vag Can Pro (VCP) can be used to enable tailgate closing via the button near the gear lever.  @Gizmo should be able to advise further as I believe he's looked into this and may even have purchased VCP. 

2 hours ago, SpeedyB79 said:

Are you up in the northwest? If so how much would you charge to do it?

No sorry I am in Kent.

@andyvee is probably the closest to you but he hasn’t been on here for a few months. 

When you say very early 2016. Would that include May? I would be very interested in this being enabled on my se l exec. Can’t see the sense in not being able to close it. You either have to shout through to the person closing it and explain where the button is or watch as they yank the boot lid down. 

I phoned a local dealer (Warrington) they were so sure that it isn't able to. Then they tried to tell me only the latest models have it. I know they are wrong and just thinking if trying to sell me a newer one. I believe the Octavia earlier than mine can definitely be done as I've seen screen shots of the VagCom. I believe these earlier Supervisor sit on the same software.

May 2016 is probably the controller that cannot be done (I tried a March 2016 car and that couldn’t be done). 

Most dealers have no idea what VCDS can do, plus officially they cannot use it anyway, so they are partially right, in as much as their software cannot code it. 

• Like 1