Bought a VRS but have some issues

donovan

Can someone help me, got a vrs and have a couple of issues I would like advice on.

1. When accelerating I can hear a bit of a Rattling noise which sounds as if its coming from passager side of car. Noise stops when I take it out of gear or stop accelerating.

2. Sometimes when accelerating hard I get a loud beep noise which comes from speedometer/speedo area. No lights are on and nothing shows on scan.

3. The car currently has a remap, it was tuned by mij exhaust in London. I was wondering if it would run okay if I put standard map back on, car has straight through exhaust, pd150 turbo and egr delete. Will this cause issues with standard remap?

4. Both front speakers are not working, checked wiring at cd player and all looks okay and also checked the eq. 

1, Does the rattle occur when you're stationary?

2, The only thing I can think of is a fuel warning beep, does the gauge go down remarkably on this hard accelerating?

3, Speak to a reputable tuner for best advice, depending on the spec of the PD150 you could get that mapped in for best results. The standard map, as you have the EGR delete, will bring up warning light that is mapped out on most remaps.

4, Check the door wiring connectors, possibly a fuse and make sure they're actually connected up physically (the speakers).

Good luck and hope you get the issues resolved.

14 minutes ago, Skoda_Saint said:

1, Does the rattle occur when you're stationary?

No it does not happen when stationary, Only when accelerating/driving, if I lift foot of gas it stops. I was wondering if it could be dmf or clutch cylinder?

2, The only thing I can think of is a fuel warning beep, does the gauge go down remarkably on this hard accelerating?

I have been told by another member that this is likely to be low brake fluid? 

3, Speak to a reputable tuner for best advice, depending on the spec of the PD150 you could get that mapped in for best results. The standard map, as you have the EGR delete, will bring up warning light that is mapped out on most remaps. Car is already mapped by MIJ exhaust in birmingham, I have never used them before for remaps so that is what worried me. 

4, Check the door wiring connectors, possibly a fuse and make sure they're actually connected up physically (the speakers).

Do you know if there is a fuse for the speakers in door? The tweeters work okay its just the door woofers at front.

Good luck and hope you get the issues resolved.

Well DMF would be there on idle and go away when clutch is depressed, cylinder I don't know.

Brake fluid low beep?! No clues on that as I didn't think their was a warning beep for that, does the brake pedal have a lot of travel? Oil and water levels also beeped from memory I believe. 

I've not heard of MIJ but doesn't mean they're not reputable. If you went standard map, you'd overwrite what they had done, the EGR EML delete so that would come back on with the standard map as it would be expecting the EGR to be there. 

No the fuses are under the dash, you'd have to check online for exact fuse number for the front speakers as I don't know it offhand. 

41 minutes ago, Skoda_Saint said:

Well DMF would be there on idle and go away when clutch is depressed, cylinder I don't know.

Brake fluid low beep?! No clues on that as I didn't think their was a warning beep for that, does the brake pedal have a lot of travel? Oil and water levels also beeped from memory I believe. 

I've not heard of MIJ but doesn't mean they're not reputable. If you went standard map, you'd overwrite what they had done, the EGR EML delete so that would come back on with the standard map as it would be expecting the EGR to be there. 

No the fuses are under the dash, you'd have to check online for exact fuse number for the front speakers as I don't know it offhand. 

Yes, I would say the brake pedal does have a lot of travel. You have to push on pedal fairly hard for the brakes to react. With regard to speakers its odd that neither of the front work

26 minutes ago, LB123 said:

I don't think the actual speaker wires themselves have fuses.

I think you're right. So assuming the stereo powers on then it's an issue with the speaker(s), wiring, head unit or if you're really unlucky then a combination of those!

Taken from an older post on here about a front speaker issue:

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2011 at 06:14, jasonsmithh said:

Nope :( (newbie) what do you mean check the balance? How do i do that?

:rofl:

Press GEO on the front of the head unit, then twiddle the volume knob until it reads 0 or centre or whatever it is - this setting shifts the volume from one side to the other to balance each side's volume.

Hope this helps :D

As the pedal travels quite a bit I'd definitely look at changing the brake fluid and ensuring the system is bled through properly. 

3 hours ago, donovan said:

Can someone help me, got a vrs and have a couple of issues I would like advice on.

1. When accelerating I can hear a bit of a Rattling noise which sounds as if its coming from passager side of car. Noise stops when I take it out of gear or stop accelerating.

2. Sometimes when accelerating hard I get a loud beep noise which comes from speedometer/speedo area. No lights are on and nothing shows on scan.

3. The car currently has a remap, it was tuned by mij exhaust in London. I was wondering if it would run okay if I put standard map back on, car has straight through exhaust, pd150 turbo and egr delete. Will this cause issues with standard remap?

4. Both front speakers are not working, checked wiring at cd player and all looks okay and also checked the eq. 

1. Check the heat shields for movement.

2. Brake fluid or coolant warning.

3. It will not run very well on the standard map.

4. Both front speakers are blown and need replacing.