SE Technology standard equipment

Hi all

New member as we have just ordered an Octavia Hatch 1.5 TSI ACT SE Tech which we are looking forward to receiving.

Just wondered if anyone knew where you can view the equipment as standard in the Tech.

Is it the same as the SE or SE L or somewhere in between?

I have had a look at the new pricelist at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/octavia_pricing_specs.pdf which includes standard equipment lists but the Tech isn't shown here, I assume because it is more aimed at business users.

I am not sure if it has things like privacy glass, front/rear parking, front assist etc?

Some of these seem to be on the SE L so wondered where the Tech fits inbetween the other specs.

All the best

38 minutes ago, kensiko said:

Hi all

New member as we have just ordered an Octavia Hatch 1.5 TSI ACT SE Tech which we are looking forward to receiving.

Just wondered if anyone knew where you can view the equipment as standard in the Tech.

Is it the same as the SE or SE L or somewhere in between?

I have had a look at the new pricelist at http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/octavia_pricing_specs.pdf which includes standard equipment lists but the Tech isn't shown here, I assume because it is more aimed at business users.

I am not sure if it has things like privacy glass, front/rear parking, front assist etc?

Some of these seem to be on the SE L so wondered where the Tech fits inbetween the other specs.

All the best

I've been asking this too with little response. I've got the 1.0 SE Tech coming next month and everything everyone gives me, is it's the SE with the added extras that the configurator suggests, but then I see on other sites etc, that it comes with light/rain sensors etc.

To clarify, what the official additional spec is:

image.thumb.png.c72aec49fc9a24daa7c9e505f480ef83.png

However, I have seen else where (https://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/deals/personal/skoda/octavia-hatchback/10-tsi-se-technology-5dr/3266375/44318066/) a more comprehensive specification that includes things like light/rain sensors.

The specification document you linked only mentions "light assistant" is available for SE L and above. 

16 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

I've been asking this too with little response. I've got the 1.0 SE Tech coming next month and everything everyone gives me, is it's the SE with the added extras that the configurator suggests, but then I see on other sites etc, that it comes with light/rain sensors etc.

To clarify, what the official additional spec is:

image.thumb.png.c72aec49fc9a24daa7c9e505f480ef83.png

However, I have seen else where (https://www.whatcar.com/car-leasing/deals/personal/skoda/octavia-hatchback/10-tsi-se-technology-5dr/3266375/44318066/) a more comprehensive specification that includes things like light/rain sensors.

The specification document you linked only mentions "light assistant" is available for SE L and above. 

It is quite confusing isn't it!

I have also found this http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/SE_Technology_Model_Brochure.pdf but it is from 2016 so maybe slightly different now.

Even this throws up questions though as it states Adaptive cruise control is standard but then it shows as an optional extra and says (includes front assist) next to it.

So do they come with ACC as standard also with front assist?  Not sure .

Thanks for your info and we will just have to wait till they arrive and see what is standard.

Cheers

I ordered mine on the basis of the spec described via https://simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/se-tech-offer/

ACC and Front Assist are definitely factory spec, as shown on the Skoda configurator for the SE Tech option. It's the less obvious things that makes it that little more confusing.

Dealerships generally quote the same waffle as the screenshot, i.e. it's standard SE Spec with xx on top. 

Suppose it's going to be a little like christmas, you'll get the car and find things you weren't expecting and find you don't have things you wanted. ;)

6 minutes ago, Loada said:

I've got one (1.0 DSG, factory spec no extras) - it has auto lights and wipers. I can try and answer any other questions?

Great thanks for the heads up - I'm awaiting the DSG 1.0 my self.

Random question - but does it have the mode selector switch? 

Thanks Loada for letting me know that, interesting to know it has auto lights/wipers.

I assume that is "Intelligent light assistant with high beam assist and rain sensor" which is specified in the SEL rather than the SE.

Most of these are probably as standard in the Tech but just confirming them if yours does have the following:

Electric windows front and rear

"Rear seat split and folding with armrest and storage box " - showing on SEL

ACC/Front assist - though gRoberts had said this is standard already

3 key personalisation

Front and rear parking sensors

8" Amundsen inc SatNav etc

The Tech seems to be very similar to the SEL by the look of things.

Cheers all

11 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

Great thanks for the heads up - I'm awaiting the DSG 1.0 my self.

Random question - but does it have the mode selector switch? 

"Driving mode selection (eco/comfort/sport/custom)*" seems to be standard on the SE so I would think it would be on the Tech but glad to be told also!

The Tech seems to be more like the SEL rather than the SE but I am not quite sure the difference between the SEL and the Tech.

2 minutes ago, kensiko said:

I assume that is "Intelligent light assistant with high beam assist and rain sensor" which is specified in the SEL rather than the SE.

I wouldn't assume this, as I have "auto" rain and lights on my MY17 SE Sport, however it doesn't have high beam assist - just auto lights.

6 minutes ago, kensiko said:

Thanks Loada for letting me know that, interesting to know it has auto lights/wipers.

Most of these are probably as standard in the Tech but just confirming them if yours does have the following:

Electric windows front and rear

"Rear seat split and folding with armrest and storage box " - showing on SEL

ACC/Front assist - though gRoberts had said this is standard already

3 key personalisation

Front and rear parking sensors

8" Amundsen inc SatNav etc

The Tech seems to be very similar to the SEL by the look of things.

Cheers all

According to the brochure I've had through this morning from Lightcliffe, 3 key personalisation is standard, as are the F&R parking sensors and the 8" Amundsen. 

Can't see immediately about the rear split seat though. 

Edit - found that it says split and folding rear backrest, no mention of armrest and storage box though.

I've uploaded the PDF file for you to look at - SE Technology specification guide - July 18.pdf

Edited by dogdiego
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dogdiego said:

According to the brochure I've had through this morning from Lightcliffe, 3 key personalisation is standard, as are the F&R parking sensors and the 8" Amundsen. 

Can't see immediately about the rear split seat though. 

Edit - found that it says split and folding rear backrest, no mention of armrest and storage box though.

I've uploaded the PDF file for you to look at - SE Technology specification guide - July 18.pdf

Thanks very much for uploading that PDF, it's nice to see one form this year rather than 2016 ;)

Much appreciated so will go and do some reading!

Just now, kensiko said:

Thanks very much for uploading that PDF, it's nice to see one form this year rather than 2016 ;)

Much appreciated so will go and do some reading!

I'm confident there may be some goodies hiding behind VCDS too! Need to do a full scan when I get it and go digging ;)

23 minutes ago, kensiko said:

"Driving mode selection (eco/comfort/sport/custom)*" seems to be standard on the SE so I would think it would be on the Tech but glad to be told also!

The Tech seems to be more like the SEL rather than the SE but I am not quite sure the difference between the SEL and the Tech.

1.0 TSI doesn't come with Drive mode select

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

HBA can be enabled by VCDS

Thought it relied on having the lane assist cameras? SE Sport only came with the bi-xenon lights - the hardware behind the rearview mirror only has the sensor for the washers?

Just now, gRoberts said:

Thought it relied on having the lane assist cameras? SE Sport only came with the bi-xenon lights - the hardware behind the rearview mirror only has the sensor for the washers?

No HBA can & does work off the rain/light  sensor

Just now, themanwithnoaim said:

No HBA can & does work off the rain/light  sensor

Ah FFS lol I could have had that all along. Never mind, I'll keep that in mind for the next one ;)

Anybody running 18's just out of interest? Trying to gauge ride height of either the hatch or estate before I pull the trigger and order.

Seemingly adding sports suspension is no longer a thing on Octy's. 

34 minutes ago, gRoberts said:

Not a huge improvement, but 140/250 - which brings it closer to what I am driving now

Hmmm. It's not gonna be that impressive then but, better than standard, is it DSG ? the new TCU makes the DSG much fast/smoother/better

1 minute ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Hmmm. It's not gonna be that impressive then but, better than standard, is it DSG ? the new TCU makes the DSG much fast/smoother/better

Yup, I'm banking on the DSG making the experience far better.

I don't drive often, but need a car, so this worked out cheaper in the long run than buying second hand and dealing with the crap that comes with it. Unfortunately the 1.5 doesn't have the option for DSG, otherwise I would've went there.

Storage box/armrest is between the two front seats - you can slide the lid/armrest bit backwards and forwards to match your elbow resting position - I discovered that accidentally the other week when I moved it and thought I'd broken the lid. Definitely has: front/rear 'leccy windows (all with one-touch), front and rear parking sensors, ACC/FrontAssist (FA scared the hell out of me when I'd only just got the car and I was touring along a road at 60mph with ACC on and a car pulled out on me from a hidden farm track and it went bonkers! Had no idea what it was telling, I "manually" braked/swerved successfully but there was a hell of a din and flashing lights on the dash :)).

On the 3-key personalisation thing, I get three "icons" on the dash at startup and always wondered what they were - do they signify these states? And what can you personalise?? It's not like motorised seats or anything so I guess it's just car menu settings, radio volumes and the like?

re: Driving modes - you don't get the driving mode selector button (like on the VRS) but deep in the touchscreen Car menu, you do have an option to switch between Eco/Normal/Sport (iirc), not sure what they control? I just leave it in "Normal" (whatever that means).

• Like 1