Virtual pedal

Does anyone know if it is possible to code, using VCDS, the Virtual pedal so that it only opens and doesn't close using the virtual pedal, it's a pain in the neck constantly closing if you accidently put your foot under the rear valance when loading or if you are sat on the boot lip putting walking boots or the kids wellies on and it starts to close.

Hi,

Would like to know if the older cars can be coded the other way ,ie virtual pedel to close? If Gismo is on line he may know, as he has coded other bits for me, Thanks in advance Gismo, hope your enjoyed your holiday in Egypt.

Mayoboat

Had a great time thanks :thumbup:

I have yet to code a Superb that has this from the factory, but I guess it is a later controller as I haven’t seen anything whilst I have done my (pretty extensive) research on my admaps / coding.

20 hours ago, Mayoboat said:

Hi,

Would like to know if the older cars can be coded the other way ,ie virtual pedel to close? If Gismo is on line he may know, as he has coded other bits for me, Thanks in advance Gismo, hope your enjoyed your holiday in Egypt.

Mayoboat

.......Believe me you'll soon get fed up of it randomly closing when you are loading stuff and have to dive out of the way!

21 minutes ago, The Skud said:

.......Believe me you'll soon get fed up of it randomly closing when you are loading stuff and have to dive out of the way!

if u r tripping it by simply placing ur foot under the bumper - it is likely the two sensor strips on ur car have been placed to close to each other.

generally they r spaced further apart, hence the need to "kick"......

below is a representation, in red, of where/how the strips r located.  unfortunately u cannot see them from the outside as they are located on the inside of the rear diffusor.

5b1b9addba3dc_tailgatetigger.thumb.JPG.f6e02f259bd4f96047d6f399954489aa.JPG

Edited by JR RS