virtual cockpit

It looks nice, but has a higher risk factor, in that if it fails you lose everything in the dash display. You can see it at VW or Audi dealers in some of their models.

Like any car choice to start with, let alone colour, specification or options... it is all down to personal choice and whether or not you think it is worth the cost for whatever value / added benefit you perceive it will give you.

You're right WiggosSideburn - it really does come down to cost v's added benefit and value. I'm tending towards leaving it out based on that argument. There are other features which would be more beneficial to have (e.g. adaptive cruise control, powered tailgate etc...)

Thanks for the replies.

So,

I know this digital instrument panel is a new thing and there are not many of them out yet. I ordered my Kodiaq Sportline in early September and was able to tick this as an option. I'm expecting to receive the car in December and especially after the Kodiaq vRS release in Paris Motorshow in early October I've been thinking if it could be possible to switch the vRS style graphics to the Sportline instrument panel with VCDS? =) At least in the past you were able to activate the RS-logo or such in the Audi's to pop up in the MMI display everytime the car was turned on so it might be just a coding thing for this one as well.

Anyway, just leaving this thought here and maybe some day we'll have an answer. One thing is for sure, I'm going to play with VCDS once I get my car =)

Wanting to order this with my car but have been told by dealer it's not available to add to an order for a couple of weeks. So currently in limbo not able to get order in and therefore in a build queue.

Would be interested if anyone in the UK has managed to put money down on this yet.

41 minutes ago, ishj said:

I ordered back in early September with virtual cockpit. So I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to order now. 

Which dealer did you order from and which model kodiaq?

• 1 month later...
On 24/10/2018 at 21:59, Jeppaa said:

So,

I know this digital instrument panel is a new thing and there are not many of them out yet. I ordered my Kodiaq Sportline in early September and was able to tick this as an option. I'm expecting to receive the car in December and especially after the Kodiaq vRS release in Paris Motorshow in early October I've been thinking if it could be possible to switch the vRS style graphics to the Sportline instrument panel with VCDS? =) At least in the past you were able to activate the RS-logo or such in the Audi's to pop up in the MMI display everytime the car was turned on so it might be just a coding thing for this one as well.

Anyway, just leaving this thought here and maybe some day we'll have an answer. One thing is for sure, I'm going to play with VCDS once I get my car =)

This RS style part i can confirm for you that it can be done.

4 hours ago, wildpig said:

Anyone here have their bear delivered with this digital instrument cluster?
I need some help...

I hope i can get an auto scan of your car with DIP
Especially = 17-Cluster and 5F-Inf Electronics
Thanks!

I can try this. I have the HEX-CAN cable and I've been told it may not work completely and I might need the HEX-NET cable instead. I've done a bit long coding with VCDS before but mostly just reading fault codes. Since I'm pretty novice with it can you advice how I actually scan the info from the clusters? :)

3 hours ago, wildpig said:

This RS style part i can confirm for you that it can be done.

I'm happy to say that Sportline already has vRS graphics as standard and nice Sportline logo on the infotainment screen so I'm happy with it as it is.

29 minutes ago, Jeppaa said:

I can try this. I have the HEX-CAN cable and I've been told it may not work completely and I might need the HEX-NET cable instead. I've done a bit long coding with VCDS before but mostly just reading fault codes. Since I'm pretty novice with it can you advice how I actually scan the info from the clusters? :)

Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate your help.

Autoscan is the middle option on the very front page of the VCDS interface, once it is open. Click and just follow the steps like how you want to see the fault codes.

Normally from there i just copy and paste the required code. But remember not to copy your VIN if you are posting it. 

The how to do on VCDS can be read here, (sorry didn't mean to make you read, but i think it is not good to copy the whole thing and paste it here.)

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.php

Thanks in advance!!

34 minutes ago, Jeppaa said:

I'm happy to say that Sportline already has vRS graphics as standard and nice Sportline logo on the infotainment screen so I'm happy with it as it is.

Can post a few pics of all these?

Over here we don't have the luxury of getting a sportline....:sadsmile:

6 hours ago, Jeppaa said:

Was able to change the active info display on the new Mk7.5 Golfs with the HEX+CAN cable.