Upgrade to leather seats in Scout

Like I've said above I'd like to fit leather seats into a Scout.  I've tried the search function but either I'm a technodunce or I'm not using it properly.  Sorry.

Was there a leather option I could try tracking down  or is there a compatible VAG interior i could transplant? 

Edited by tintinandcharlie
Sausage fingers!

4 minutes ago, tintinandcharlie said:

We're about to take ownership of a friend's pampered, low mileage 2007 Octy Scout tdi140 primarily for carting the mutt and a caravan around and I'd like a bit more go and stop (purely for safety's sake, of course!) whilst improving the mpg if possible. What successful (and preferably truthful) lines have you used to convince a sceptical other half  that it's a good thing?  And what recommendations can you make for each department?

Cheers.

Iz. 

Took SWMBO to Lakeside shopping centre but first had to drop the car off at AmD just 5 minutes away. Told her it would make the car more economical (forgot to mention the extra 54bhp and 67NM of torque). Thankfully more traffic on the way down to Essex so averaged 43.5MPG in standard trim and 46MPG going home(stage 1 map) so able to justify the cost (£500).:party:

Don't forget you'll need to have wiring support for electrically adjustable seat(s) and heating (via dash controls), leather is pretty cold in winter without heating.

2 hours ago, MicMac said:

Don't forget you'll need to have wiring support for electrically adjustable seat(s) and heating (via dash controls), leather is pretty cold in winter without heating.

I'll keep an eye out for some VRS or L and K chairs.Would it just be a case of plugging them in and adding the right heater switches? Is the relevant harness  wiring already in place or would I have to run some cable and how simple would that be?  Does anyone have/make a harness extension/mod that would plug straight in somewhere  if required?

I've done complete mini and mg restoration with welding and engine building so I know one end of a hammer from the other but unless they're plug'n'play I might have to think seriously with any software mods or configuration. Yes, I'm a luddite....

GReat news, thanks.

I'm assuming it has to be the same generation? Will post-FL Mk2 fit (mine's 2007)?

And is there any known/confirmed cross-pollenation amongst other VAG seats?

Edited by tintinandcharlie
More thinking....

Good luck finding a full VRS leather took me 4 year lol.

L&K seats are electric so you wouldn't have the correct loom,coding etc etc to make it viable.

Reupholster probably £1k plus 

On 27/10/2018 at 16:36, gathy said:

Good luck finding a full VRS leather took me 4 year lol.

L&K seats are electric so you wouldn't have the correct loom,coding etc etc to make it viable.

Reupholster probably £1k plus 

Ok, so I'm going to deviate a little from my initial post and ask if there's any manual leather seats within the VAG product world that would fit? Unless there's a viable fix for a lack of electric control support within the car....