Boot problem

chalky31

Hi thanks for the reply. The car doesn't have automatic close...so ill get it plug in too see if any codes there was thinking it may be the boot control unit but what vagcom would I need to do this there r loads on eBay but which one 

Wires can break or expose insulation in the wiring gaiter that goes car body to boot. I'm not sure if that can cause this issue but when I looked at mine a few months back I did have exposed inner cores and almost breaking wires. I did a bit of soldering and insulating to keep it going a bit longer.

It may be worth a quick look as both our vehicles are of a similar age.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chalky,

Yes, same age car here, would strongly suspect the wires breaking within the hatch/body gaiter, I had similar boot unlatch issue that spurred a look inside the gaiter, my local garageman did the temp solder and insulating tape thing, I ordered online an excellent repair kit from SENCOM in Germany, my chap fitted it, sorted. That was May 2017.  PM me if you want exact details, references etc.

HOWEVER

If you get weird stuff happening with eg. the electric front windows (mine are manual rears) that'll be the wires in the driver's door gaiter, a Sencom kit was no good, I had to source a model- and trim- specific driver door loom kit from my local Skoda dealer.  Happened in the hot weather this summer. Again, straightforward to fit.

Good luck, let everyone know how you get on.

Richard.

• Like 1

Hi Chalky, here you go:-

http://www.sencom-kabeltechnik.de/shop#1/SenCom-Kabelbaum-Reparatursatz-Skoda-Roomster-5J-Hecklappe

Their item code is SKU888913.

Late April 2017 it was Euros 58.67 which converted to £49.51, they didn't charge me the quoted 9.9 Euros for Postage & Packing.

There was also a reference 5J7971147.

My rusty German suggests Reparatursatz is repair replacement (or kit), Hecklappe is hatchback.

It's quite a small dainty boxed package, includes a wiring colours chart as they are different to your originals.

Just make sure you order the right one for your car!   I recall there's just the one item for the hatch on our older Roomsters.

When I, this year, ordered one for the driver door gaiter fault, it was c £70, and then turned out to have way too few wires, so posting it back to Sencom was an OUCH c£30 to go via one of those parcel outfits.   Sencom refunded me the item cost in full when I informed them it was incorrect, but obviously not my postage.

Good luck.

• Like 1