vRS temp. problems.

Connorg115

So wondered if you guys could help me narrow down my problems.

My car doesn't seem to show that it is up to temp on the dash gauge however the heaters blow hot pretty fast.

I was thinking maybe thermostat but when my old mk1 cupra r had the thermostat go bad the temp on the gauge would drop when i went on the motorway and warm back up when stood still however it seems completely random on my vRS

I also looked on vagcom at the coolant temp and after the car was sat for around 3 hours the coolant temp was flickering between 12.6C and 13.4C, the ambient temp was 13.4C

Does this help show a dodgy sensor?

any help with what it could be or some further test to be carried out would be great.

Edited by Connorg115

32 minutes ago, Connorg115 said:

I also looked on vagcom at the coolant temp and after the car was sat for around 3 hours the coolant temp was flickering between 12.6C and 13.4C, the ambient temp was 13.4C

What does it show when the engine is at operating temperature?

@KenONeill there is only one channel on a Fabia CTS.

• 2 weeks later...

The temp gauge on my vRS wouldn't show above approx 75, and drop to 50 when aircon was on, it turned out to be the temp sensor.

My local good guy garage put a voltmeter on sensor and thermostat to see which one was faulty.