Bluetooth on the blink

Hi Folks,

Today when i started the car I was unable to connect to my Bluetooth.

I installed the Bluetooth unit myself a few years back and has been working great until today. It seems to try and connect and says it connects, but it's only for a second.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

As per langers2K - which has certainly been known to work.

Also note: I had a similar problem after an Android update was applied to my phone (did yours have one recently?). After deleting the phone from the car menus and removing the car from the bluetooth devices on the phone - then re-pairing - all worked fine.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I tried unplugging the Bluetooth module and that didn't work, I can't delete the iPhone because it won't connect. I Even pulled out the head unit and re-seated cables. I'll maybe try pairing with an Android phone.

Thanks

Guess what lads, I tried a different phone (LG G4, Android) and it connected without issue, FML, after me doing all the ripping. I guess I'll try a factory reset on the Iphone or maybe just change the phone.

Thanks for the help lads

:-)

Would be interested to hear how you get on. I'm in the same situation with my iPhone 6S. My Android phone connects fine to the car but the iPhone doesn't want to know anymore after working fine for years. The iPhone connects as usual to my home Bluetooth devices but not the car. Haven't done any iOS updates in the meanwhile, so it's all of a bit of a mystery??

Hi Folks,

I tried loads of things.

Here's what i tried:

1: Removing head unit and bluetooth unit and reseating connections

2: Unpairing all devices

3: Downgrading IOS on my Iphone SE and resetting the Iphone to factory

None of which worked.

So here's what i think worked for me:

1: Pair skoda bluetooth with Android and then remove Iphone devices from the memory in phone and audio

2: Unpair Android device from Skoda bluetooth

3: Searched for skoda bluetooth from Iphone and put skoda bluetooth into visable mode, you can try and connect from the iphone and then try to connect from the skoda bluetooth

It took a few tries, but it worked and it connects every time now

I just think the Iphones are temperamental with the bluetooth on the Skoda's 

I hope this helps.

Thanks very much for this. I will give it a try. Glad to hear you got sorted eventually. 

Yesterday I tried to connect with my wife's iPhone 6 which is on iOS 12 and that wouldn't connect either. 

But will give your technique a go. 

On 26/11/2018 at 01:09, Jules Tohpipi said:

Thanks very much for this. I will give it a try. Glad to hear you got sorted eventually. 

Yesterday I tried to connect with my wife's iPhone 6 which is on iOS 12 and that wouldn't connect either. 

But will give your technique a go. 

Also noticed when I installed Alexa app and amazon music it caused issues. So I removed these and installed on my android phone instead. 

Well, all sorted at last.

Deleted the Android phone and after several attempts at setting up a brand new pairing the iPhone connected. 

On the failed attempts, all kinds of technical weirdness happened - the likes of which you wouldn't believe me if I told you(!)

Thankfully it's working fine without having to delete my Alexa and Amazon Music apps. 

Thank you again for all your help. 

Edited by Jules Tohpipi