Rear lights on FL vrs

Same with the indicators too, still halogen on the facelift taillight. Missed opportunity really, apart from styling changes it doesn't really add anything over pre-facelift.

Edited by ahenners

As above, just the side lights and fog light(s) are LED. I bought the indicator bulbs in the link below to replace the OEM ones. Nice crisp flash now. Haven’t bothered with the revers at this time. Pricey, but worth it IMO.  Fitted easily enought and coded in. 

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-x-treme-ultinon-led-py21w-indicator

35 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

As above, just the side lights and fog light(s) are LED. I bought the indicator bulbs in the link below to replace the OEM ones. Nice crisp flash now. Haven’t bothered with the revers at this time. Pricey, but worth it IMO.  Fitted easily enought and coded in. 

https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-x-treme-ultinon-led-py21w-indicator

Will they throw up an error code?

Will you send me link to the reversing light? Are the number plate led already?

35 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

5 minutes ago, 2SHEA said:

They didn’t throw up an error code but i still coded them in as LED anyway.  Sorry, I don’t have a link to reverse lights as I have not gone ahead and changed them yet.

Number plate lights are LED from factory.

Edited by SC03OTT

8 hours ago, Stoofa said:

I am going to be fitting these tomorrow in the rear clusters:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073TCVC4C

I'm not going to replace the reversing lights, they will remain my only halogen bulbs.

I am told these are a straight swap and no coding required?

Looks good, might get them myself 

On 23/11/2018 at 08:45, SashaGrace said:

Number plate lights yes, reverse lights no. You can get them, but there is coding to do. I love mine on my Pre FL :)

35DA5801-1A57-472D-BD32-E5767E6DE1F0.thumb.jpeg.ae37ae4c0247095d2e2636344db77619.jpeg

Nice! The rear of the estate looks great! My wife hates them though. Iv always wanted on. That colour of the FL I have coming in January. How is it to look after?

• Like 1

Very easy tbh, it’s very, well, grey. It’s not my first choice of colour personally, well it would be after the green, the red, the other red, the blue, the other grey, the white, the other white or the black :rofl: I’ve gotten used to it though :) It looks good even if it’s dirty so that’s a bonus.

70095626-1BE6-49C6-9050-A4C2AADF40CC.thumb.jpeg.258ebed579b4581967661281a3876bf6.jpeg

Edited by SashaGrace

11 hours ago, Stoofa said:

I am going to be fitting these tomorrow in the rear clusters:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B073TCVC4C

I'm not going to replace the reversing lights, they will remain my only halogen bulbs.

I am told these are a straight swap and no coding required?

Intreseted to know if these give you bulb warnings, the description says it might... 

NOTICE: The 50w 6ohm load resistor or flasher relay might be needed to prevent the hyper flash, malfunction or trigger warning message on dashboard. 

Bulbs as listed above - straight swap with no errors.

After fitting I left the hazard lights on for a while. Then, with engine running switched between indicators a number of times, no errors have appeared.