Porsche Taycan

Ryeman

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the new vid from 'Harry's Farm' on the Taycan.

Here smug boy surely just needs to pick up the phone / go online and get a EV charger installed, not rocket science.

Something others might do before the car arrives and would take priority over a wrap.

Probably looking for a grant and then some tax Rebate.

Edited by e-Roottoot

Looks like he forgot to get around to the B pillar, which likely he was going to say that it is difficult at junctions, but you get that with some 4 doors and the seating position. The pillar needs to be someplace. Less tall people have their seat further forward.

Maybe the Taycan drivers i have met are doing as Harry is and asking 'navigation'  Fast Charger, when he wants a 'Rapid Charger' and actually a Rapid Rapid charger and not a 'Slow fast fast slow charger or Slow Rapid.

The whole set up is still a co-ck up. 

SatNavs, Waze, Google Maps, Plug Share & ZapMaps are going to have to get better at getting you to the suitable chargers, especially when yoiu want as fast charging as you can get and are willing to pay.

I used Instavolt twice once to try as harry did and it was about the same speed and price and the second time i was desperate to get a charge it was not as quick as just a Rapid charger and i was very happy to get some miles available and on my way.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 19.02.12.png

DSCN5278.JPG

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I have a friend who's just bought a Taycan Turbo S.  He tells me that it's the strangest car he's ever driven.   He has a car history of Porsches, a Lamborghini Gallardo, an Aston Vanquish, a Mitsubishi EVO 6 and several Land Rover Discovery models amongst others.

One thing not odd was the muppet infront of me this morning in a white Taycan.

Kirriemuir to Dundee.  

Yes they have AWD, but that means nothing when the road is covered in ice and there was no salting done.

Braking on the corners is not simply clever, and neither is trying to accelerate on the straight.

In think they might just be trying to get suitable tyres fitted today, or if not be driving something else for the next few weeks.

'Don't drive your car to the Tay on summer tyres in winter' should be a warning that comes up in low temps.

Or just drive with great caution.

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

<iframe width="789" height="444" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XCobPwoNCfk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...