Octavia II FL 2012 Fog lights & DRLs Retrofit

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on retrofitting fog lights with the drls to the Octy. The wiring diagrams etc.. I already have and the connectors are no bother.

Would just like to confirm something:
My current BCM is a 1K0 937 085L. I think I need at least a ...086 or above? If so, I have an offer of a 1K0 937 087 for a good price, will this be suitable too? My reckoning says it should be....

For reference the car is a 2012 1.6 TDi greenline, cruise and maxidot factory fitted. 

Thanks in advance!
Lawrence

I'd go for a 1K0 937 087 module.

What's the last character in the part number as ideally you'd want something of a similar age to your car or newer.

Do you know what car the module what originally fitted in as you may have light config issues...

3 minutes ago, langers2k said:

I'd go for a 1K0 937 087 module.

What's the last character in the part number as ideally you'd want something of a similar age to your car or newer.

Do you know what car the module what originally fitted in as you may have light config issues...

The picture i've got doesn't have a character at the end of the part number, any thoughts? (photos attached)

The 087 module came from a 2009 octavia elegance,

Cheers

Lawrence

Screenshot_20181204-140016.png

That's probably the very first revision that came out so I'd avoid it.

This one is more age appropriate and is probably what they would have fitted at factory if DRL/fogs were spec'ed: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142934251119

It also matches the ones that came in my '61 plate (MY12) Octavia Elegance with factory fitted DRL/fogs :)

Under the module code there are specs about what I suppose are SW and HW versions: S0651/H110, so I'm guessing SW version 651 and HW version 110.

Does anyone know if HW versions imply changes in pinout? 

For instance I have H104, if I change BCM with one with H110 will pinout match? 

58 minutes ago, dan_irinel said:

Under the module code there are specs about what I suppose are SW and HW versions: S0651/H110, so I'm guessing SW version 651 and HW version 110.

Does anyone know if HW versions imply changes in pinout? 

For instance I have H104, if I change BCM with one with H110 will pinout match? 

You're correct about what the numbers mean. I don't think the pinout changes between hardware versions so it should be trivial to switch to a newer version.

I've moved from SW:0651 H 110 to SW:0903 H+ 112. The H+ gets a few extra pins but no wiring changes were needed.

16 hours ago, langers2k said:

You're correct about what the numbers mean. I don't think the pinout changes between hardware versions so it should be trivial to switch to a newer version.

I've moved from SW:0651 H 110 to SW:0903 H+ 112. The H+ gets a few extra pins but no wiring changes were needed.

You no longer have 1K0 937 087 R module?