2014 VRS fog light bulbs?

Standard fog lights on VRS are shocking & I want to replace them. Whether I use Osram app, Halfords or Eurocar parts they all say a different bulb type! I pick my (newish) car tomorrow & don't want to take the light apart before having the bulbs I need to replace.

Thanks

VRS foglights are H16 bulbs, whereas the standard Octavia is H8 (probably where the confusion lies)

When I upgraded my bulbs, I struggled to find any H16 led bulbs which were cheap.

Basically, I got a set of H8 bulbs and cannibalised the mounts. The electric connection is the same, so trimming the mounts with a pair of snips is all you need to do 

Edited by tunedude

After A LOT of scrolling I found & read your fog light post. Like you ideally I would really like them to match the DRL's. Have you got a link for the same pair of H8's you bought? If it's a quick snip of the bulb fitting then fine.

Cheers

The specific ebay ad has changed, but the below link are the same bulbs.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H11-H8-Cree-80w-Led-Smd-Canbus-Error-Free-Cree-Cob-Audi-Bmw-Vw-White-8500k/382196704106?hash=item58fcb2e36a:g:c8EAAOSwz8NbenvA:rk:1:pf:0

£25 for 2 pairs isn't too expensive.

When you put the original h16 bulb and a h8 bulb next to one another, you can see the mounts are a few mil wider.

I've bought loads of bulbs from argocity in the past. Always quick postage and support (they're in Wolverhampton)

Edited by tunedude
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, daykes1 said:

How so cheap? Did you get H8's or H16's?

That’s just how much they were on AliExpress. I did leave a link in my build thread but that particular outlet has them listed as unavailable. I got both, H16 is not the fitting you need! Go for H11 which is allegedly the correct fitting. You could also modify the H8 to fit. Whichever ones I have, and tbh I don’t really remember now because it’s been a while, fit and work lovely now but it’s a bit of a bulb minefield with these fog light bulbs :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

That’s just how much they were on AliExpress. I did leave a link in my build thread but that particular outlet has them listed as unavailable. I got both, H16 is not the fitting you need! Go for H11 which is allegedly the correct fitting. You could also modify the H8 to fit. Whichever ones I have, and tbh I don’t really remember now because it’s been a while, fit and work lovely now but it’s a bit of a bulb minefield with these fog light bulbs :)

h16 5202 or h16 psx24w or h16 pgj19 :huh: 

that was the brick wall I was headbutting when trying to find replacement h16's.

Thank god h8's were the simple choice to choose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, daykes1 said:

So, hang on - H11's also fit as well? So how does the fitment dimensions compare to H16? Any cutting required?

h8, h11 and h16 differ from the mounting posts.

So in theory, trim those posts down to the right size and you're laughing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...