Alarm

`The alarm system is also deactivated if you unlock the driver door using the key within 45 seconds of locking the vehicle.'

From the manual but not sure this will help.

I think that it normally takes 30 second for the alarm to start working properly.

`The alarm system is activated automatically approximately 30 seconds after
the vehicle is locked.'

Do you look at the red light on the drivers door to see its state?

Thanks AG Falco

Edited by AGFalco

If it's still in warranty don't be tempted to do anything that would invalidate it,like taking it to an auto electrician.

I was guessing that the plan was to be able to keep this car secure and quiet until it could be handed in for repairing at some convenient time in the future.

Have you tried pressing the button on the door pillar as you leave the car, as that, at least in any car I’ve had with an alarm fitted, will disable the interior monitoring part of the system and if that is where the fault is might allow you to lock the car and for it to stay quiet?