How good a car is the 245 Octavia VRS?

5 hours ago, TimmyB said:

I'd have to drive a VAQ and non-VAQ car alongside each other to properly tell, but it supposedly greatly reduces understeer. It's not just an emergency thing, but  sends more torque to the outside wheel during cornering etc. If you're going for higher power, I'd suggest getting a car with the VAQ.

Shoots out of a roundabout like it's got 4WD in the dry at least but not quite so brave on a wet road due to copious amounts of torque at low rpm (350lb/ft at 2,000rpm).:blink:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Are you really SHMEE150 in disguise? He runs a fleet of supercars from other people's donations (subscribers).:nerd:

Shy you've blown my cover now. gotta create another account now! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StealthRS245 said:

I think I've read somewhere that the 245 has a slightly different turbine wheel and manifold to the 230. Either way a good set of michelins make all the difference to putting the power down if you tune it to stage 1

There is no tangible difference at Stage 1 power whatever the turbo. My standard 220 mapped by Shark with a 3 year old air filter and plugs pushed out an avg of 295Bhp and produced 350lb torque over 3 runs. VAQ and of a good set of Michelins or not, you just can not accelerate cleanly in cold conditions unless its in a straight line and you're rolling on dry tarmac.  A S3 or Golf R will simply put the power down better out of a corner or on a straight, it's simple physics not guesswork. 

On 22/12/2018 at 01:58, Auric Goldfinger said:

I have just had fitted some Goodyear F1  Asymmetric 3 on my 230. I've gone from 225/35/19 to 235/35/19. Vast improvement on grip. Although the P Zero's were. very good when warmed up

I just fitted Michelin Pilot Port 4S, also went a bit wider. They're great. A lot of people think PZeros are no good but they have to be warm to perform

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StealthRS245 said:

I just fitted Michelin Pilot Port 4S, also went a bit wider. They're great. A lot of people think PZeros are no good but they have to be warm to perform

Agree with both of those comments Stealth you clearly know your stuff. Had 235/35R19 Michelin PS4 S on wider 8.5J rims for 4,200 miles late summer here and the improvement in traction, even in the wet, turn-in and cornering speeds vastly better than the standard P Zero's, but I have stated on here before that the Pirelli's need some heat putting in them before you can start pushing them. As it is winter now and everyone should driving with a bit more caution my £75 per tyre 225/40R18 P Zero's are more than capable once some heat has been applied to them and running them at 2.4bar helps with this process compared to  the higher 2.7bar I ran the Michelin's during the warmer summer conditions.B)

10 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

2.7bar I ran the Michelin's during the warmer summer conditions.B)

2.7 bar is a comfort setting, oh but of course you don't have the DCC comfort setting do you. It's no Fn wonder your tyres last so long, anything under 3 bar you'll get a sloppy turn in & to much sidewall flex on the bumps through corners.

3.2 bar of nitrogen in mine helps avoid lift-off oversteer