Skoda connect

Hi. Anyone using g Skoda connect? In the car when I press the Skoda connect icon (on culombus) it says failure: Skoda connect. The app on the phone seems to work. I can see where the car is and so on. But the problem is when trying to set the engine warmer (don't know the correct English word) to start every day at 06.00 it doesn't. And when I check in the app it has set the timer to off. What can be wrong here?

Thanks for tips

Most annoying thing is constantly having to reconnect to the internet from my phone. Only feature I really use is poi as I can look up a customer and it finds their address and I can then set it into the sat nav.

For Skoda Connected services it does not need a separate Internet connection - it has one of it's own. Infotainment Online services do need an Internet connection, either with the SIM in the unit in the glovebox or a WiFi hotspot.

At the moment I have a problem with Skoda Connect in so much as the car is not connecting to Skoda's servers so the app and webpage do not show the current status, location, etc. But I had an email the other week about some security updates on the servers (it relates to S-PIN which isn't used in the UK). But it did have this: 

During the security update the ŠKODA Connect services may be unavailable for a short period of time. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

The email was dated 26/11 and I've not got an update from the car to Skoda Connect servers since around 16/12. I have been in touch with Skoda UK service desk and it is being looked into.

• 3 months later...

Don't know if many are using Skoda connect (I don't), but just received this email. Hope it is of use to Skoda Connect users.

Dear ŠKODA Connect User,

ŠKODA Auto is constantly improving and simplifying access to our services. As such we would like to inform you about a planned system maintenance which will cause the unavailability of all ŠKODA Connect services from 2pm CET on 8th April to 8am CET on 9th April.

The purpose of this maintenance is to simplify the registration and login process, as well as bringing you a new and improved ŠKODA Connect App, with a modern design and new features.

Once the system restarts, you can continue using ŠKODA Connect services via the ŠKODA Connect Portal, or by downloading an update of the ŠKODA Connect App.

We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused by this temporary outage, and thank you for your understanding.

We will keep you informed about further steps regarding the upgrade process throughout.
Thank you for being a valued ŠKODA Connect user.

ŠKODA Connect Team

Can you not connect to Skoda to check status of car etc.? Mine is working. It did stop a few months ago and it needed a reset on the Skoda servers which took them a while to work out.

I can connect but it shows status from before 5 days ago. Actually one thing happened exactly 5 days ago and it was sos system error it showed red light instead of usual green but after shutdown reconnected. Maybe its related. Cant go to dealer anyway because my Superb is just going through detailing :) i will show results in couple of days!

A dealer won't be much help sorting this out. Sounds similar to the problem I had. Maybe the updates they are doing will fix your problem when they reset their systems. Took about 2 weeks for them to work out the problem with mine.

Mine is still working. Even used it to double check location of my car when I'd parked for a football match the other day and didn't know for sure the route back. Even tried flashing lights as I approached which worked also.

Edited by rtj70

On 05/04/2019 at 13:28, BriskodaJeff said:

Don't know if many are using Skoda connect (I don't), but just received this email. Hope it is of use to Skoda Connect users.

Dear ŠKODA Connect User,

ŠKODA Auto is constantly improving and simplifying access to our services. As such we would like to inform you about a planned system maintenance which will cause the unavailability of all ŠKODA Connect services from 2pm CET on 8th April to 8am CET on 9th April.

The purpose of this maintenance is to simplify the registration and login process, as well as bringing you a new and improved ŠKODA Connect App, with a modern design and new features.

Once the system restarts, you can continue using ŠKODA Connect services via the ŠKODA Connect Portal, or by downloading an update of the ŠKODA Connect App.

We would like to apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused by this temporary outage, and thank you for your understanding.

We will keep you informed about further steps regarding the upgrade process throughout.

ŠKODA Connect Team

Well, take it update didn’t happen as I can’t see any “ modern design” or “ new features” :thumbdown:

Just went online and it looks identical.

Also: From the Apple App Store

Version History

14 Jan 2019

Get the latest version for all of the available improvements and bug fixes.

Edited by rplews

On 05/04/2019 at 21:13, JamesEnfield said:

I can connect but it shows status from before 5 days ago. Actually one thing happened exactly 5 days ago and it was sos system error it showed red light instead of usual green but after shutdown reconnected. Maybe its related. Cant go to dealer anyway because my Superb is just going through detailing :) i will show results in couple of days!

This happened to me a few months ago, I deregistered the car and registered again to get a new activation code and has worked fine since. iirc I didn't have the sos error though.

Email just received... As said, I'm not a user so can't comment on what has or hasn't been done. 

Dear ŠKODA Connect User,
spacer
We would like to thank you for your patience during the recent ŠKODA Connect services upgrade. 

ŠKODA Connect services are available for you again, however in order to finalise all planned changes we will need to perform some additional maintenance.

We will keep you updated about the required next steps throughout. 

ŠKODA Connect Team

My licence, that Skoda very kindly gave me for 12 months, has expired and now I have to pay to renew it.

If I had known how much it costs to renew I would have made a greater effort to get the useless piece of crap to work.

I spent hours trying to get it to work and the dealer did not have a clue. It is the only thing on the car that disappoints.

Once I'd honked the horn from my front room, the novelty completely wore off i.e. after the first 10 minutes since spending over an hour setting the stupid thing up.

Gimmick.

When I try to set up Skoda Connect, I put my VIN number in and it comes up with 

Error

VIN cannot be recognised, it is incorrect or your vehicle is not supported.

it is correct and its a Superb SEL.

didnt realise you had to pay for it though! Oooch

Seems to be working.  It is telling me I am 5,497 miles from my car.  Which is correct because I am in Brazil.  I might surprise my wife by giving the horn a blast, but on second thoughts, probably not a good idea. I don't think I will pay for renewal.

So much for the promised new features, and easier log in, I’ve had to log in twice already today, there’s no new features and it takes ages to load data. I won’t be paying renewal  subscription.

2 hours ago, Tobeornototbe said:

Seems to be working.  It is telling me I am 5,497 miles from my car.  Which is correct because I am in Brazil.  I might surprise my wife by giving the horn a blast, but on second thoughts, probably not a good idea. I don't think I will pay for renewal.*

* Skoda Connect I meant.  Not my wife.:biggrin: