Dealer incommunicado

So I have a small prob , Android auto not worky. Tried various phones , restarts and re-install on phones. I have now contacted the dealer 6 times by phone.

I know its a small issue but im paying for Spotify and enjoy my playlists on the long journeys.

Dealer says on nearly all occasions, " ah this is for our tech guy" ,,, "I'll get him to call you  as soon as he's free" . They never call back!

Im just looking for some advice to easily fix on my own

Dealer servicing said im up to date with all re-calls and software updates.

I need this dealer to help me to do a preferential termination on my own lease to get into another earlier than the 4 year lease plan and don't want to **** them off. 

Tbh I don’t use apple CarPlay as the sound is crap compared to Bluetooth. Get far more volume on BT (you can set volume to high in the settings which really makes the Canton system sing). No such option for CarPlay which makes it weedy in comparison. Tend to listen to playlists so no issue not having on screen access to all my music which is the only downside. I also don’t like that apple CarPlay overtakes the other phone (I run both work and personal phones).

If you really like your music you might want to play with the settings on BT if you have the Canton system.

If you absolutely must have Android Auto, I’d try an alternative dealer for this issue.

• Thanks 1

It's a poor state of affairs if you're worried that the dealer, after promising to call you several times and hasn't, might get annoyed with you?

I'd be ringing them up and playing holy hell.

• Like 1

Im a daily user of Apple CarPlay.

And from my perspective all props for it.

Flipfly brought out that You get more volume on BT. This is true.

But let me clarify, for the ones of you who do not have Canton installed and use streaming (phone) for music this is not the best way to go.

Why does Apple CarPlay limit the volume aspect of your sound? Simple, it does not let you (the user) overcook the volume (therfore lose quality). Overcooking means that the sound will not be pure anymore and most propably some part of your cars plastic interior will most definetly start doing wierd sounds.

For me this would be an issue. + All the other aspects android auto / carplay brings into the play.

But if you do have a Canton system then get a memory card, pump it up with high quality music and it would sound super good.

I use both options.

Day-to-day music comes from spotify.

And my favourite songs come from a memory card. Two options, both viable. Choose what You like the most :).

On 23/12/2018 at 07:12, Flipfly said:

Tbh I don’t use apple CarPlay as the sound is crap compared to Bluetooth. Get far more volume on BT (you can set volume to high in the settings which really makes the Canton system sing). No such option for CarPlay which makes it weedy in comparison. Tend to listen to playlists so no issue not having on screen access to all my music which is the only downside. I also don’t like that apple CarPlay overtakes the other phone (I run both work and personal phones).

If you really like your music you might want to play with the settings on BT if you have the Canton system.

If you absolutely must have Android Auto, I’d try an alternative dealer for this issue.

Top tip!  Have been playing with this over the past few days - a noticeable improvement in sound quality. 

Astounding difference it makes. I’m big into my music having sang and drummed in various bands over the years, the Canton system is quality once you find this setting, proper loud and crystal clear.

• Like 1