Upgraded suspension help

Hi all, my vrs diesel estate dsg (64 reg) has now done 92k, and had the pro spring kit fitted around 5k ago..  

However, when I have a far bit of weight on board (airport run etc), it does crash a bit into bumps etc, I am trying to work out if I can get some better shocks/dampers... everyone seems to rate bilstein, but the website doesn't list anything for the Octavia 3? 

Not sure if the springs have meant the current original dampers can't cope, or they are just tired..?

Any help appreciated!

PS, Other than the water pump failure at 85k, it has been faultless, great car.

Edited by pdtrewern

That's the issue with putting lowering springs on with standard shocks; the shocks don't operate in the same way, especially if you're trying to drive with a fully loaded car.

https://www.bilstein.com/int/en/products-and-services/

Type in on here your make and model. I found 3 uprated shocks and an OEM replacement.

By the sounds of things, you need at least a set of dampers with compression adjustment. Rebound adjustment won't be required too much for your needs. Having it stiffer at the rear will mean you shouldn't get as bouncier of a ride at the rear when you go over a bump.

If money was no object, I'd suggest a set of coilovers. You could have the rear's height slightly higher and slightly stiffer should you have a heavy load. Only downside is cost and you would have to manually adjust the rear height with the supplied wrench.

Thanks for the replies.  You are right, they are available, I have found them now on a desktop PC, I couldn't scroll down far enough on my mobile to oct 3 combi, so though it was just hatchback availability..

Recommend any uk suppliers for Bilstein B6?

Also, am I damaging the std shocks by running it like this, or just unpleasant when loaded?

Edited by pdtrewern

3 minutes ago, pdtrewern said:

Also, am I damaging the std shocks by running it like this, or just unpleasant when loaded?

Wouldn't necessarily say damaging them, more causing them to wear out prematurely. A lot of upgrades go hand in hand. You can quite often get away without having to get extra bits, but I'd advise you to upgrade your shocks, especially if you're saying you're hearing / feeling a crashy sound going over bumps. You're probably hitting the bump stops. If you wear those out, you'll be in a world of trouble.