Any mod ideas more Carlo mkIII

Danrb97

I have the same car. Same colour too. Mine is the 89hp model. I have the 17 inch alloys. I kind of wish I’d gone for the car with 16 inch wheels instead, not for comfort, but for a wider choice in tyres. So far I’ve fitted front & rear mudflaps, a K&N filter, and fitted front & rear wind deflectors. Although I’ve currently removed them. I’d love to have my front and rear badges blacked, but they ain’t cheap to buy ready done, and I’m not confident in plastidipping them myself. I would in the summer, like a remap, although I’m concerned about knackering the engine. I find with the car in that colour, you don’t really need to do too much with it. The Monte Carlo looks quite cool in black magic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2018 at 12:58, Danrb97 said:

Need some good mod ideas for my Skoda fabia Monte, looking for some cheap modifications then maybe some more expensive in the future, everything on it is all currently standard

A6B7F7D9-EB66-4E4A-9AB6-10C247B17B40.jpeg

Wind deflectors and maybe fog light tint 

B4CAD589-2A61-4B6E-BEC0-1616AFA031AC.jpeg

On 31/12/2018 at 20:40, AMD87 said:

Hate to say but that won't last long. Not to mention how many other parts you will need to change out to support it. Near gearbox, new clutch, new intakes, injectors, exhaust etc.

Try first the small things, poly-bushes on the wishbones (control arms), lowered suspension, stage 1 remaps, they take it to 130~ hp and are already on the edge of gearbox/clutch ratings.

Lowering springs; (if its auto you need the other set thats meant for the heavier engine/gearbox)

https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/car-parts/skoda/fabia/eibach-30mm45mm-pro-lowering-suspension-springsfabia-nj-10-10tsi-12tsi-082014

Control arm front bush; SuperPro SPF1915K

Control arm rear bush; PowerFlex PFF85-1202

You can get a SuperPro rear bush, but i'm unsure on part number, i've got the superpro/powerflex combo on my control arms and it made a HUGE difference to the feel of the car. Smoother and more responsive at the same time, make sure you get it realigned/tracked after having those done though, it slightly alters the alignment.

11 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Hate to say but that won't last long. Not to mention how many other parts you will need to change out to support it. Near gearbox, new clutch, new intakes, injectors, exhaust etc.

You’d be surprised and RTMG are very well known and make some amazing cars. 

Even with my 1.6 diesel fabia standard is 103bhp and 184ft lbs is making 204bhp and 366ft lbs on the standard original gearbox,clutch and injectors. 

2 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

You’d be surprised and RTMG are very well known and make some amazing cars. 

Even with my 1.6 diesel fabia standard is 103bhp and 184ft lbs is making 204bhp and 366ft lbs on the standard original gearbox,clutch and injectors. 

Diesel's are usually designed with much better supporting components and are a stronger engine to begin with, op is probably better off doing an engine swap first to something a bit beefier out of the box, maybe a 1.4 engine if he could get hold of one. There's an EA211 1.5 TSi which are stock 128 or 150 hp depending on the car spec.

The 1.2 TSi (90bhp) comes with a 5 speed manual, which is rated 200NM, stage 1 remap already takes it to 215-230NM, stock 160.

The 110bhp version comes with a 6 speed manual, which iirc is rated 250NM, with a remap it's still within specs. If he's got the DSG model, then that's good for 250NM too.

Obviously those are just ratings, and they can last fine with higher torque, but with the increased risk of potentially catastrophic damage. I've seen a stage2 remapped fabia (pushing 160hp/250nm on the 5 speed) dump its gearbox across the road when racing between lights, not a pretty sight.

12 minutes ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Diesel's are usually designed with much better supporting components and are a stronger engine to begin with, op is probably better off doing an engine swap first to something a bit beefier out of the box, maybe a 1.4 engine if he could get hold of one. There's an EA211 1.5 TSi which are stock 128 or 150 hp depending on the car spec.

The 1.2 TSi (90bhp) comes with a 5 speed manual, which is rated 200NM, stage 1 remap already takes it to 215-230NM, stock 160.

The 110bhp version comes with a 6 speed manual, which iirc is rated 250NM, with a remap it's still within specs. If he's got the DSG model, then that's good for 250NM too.

Obviously those are just ratings, and they can last fine with higher torque, but with the increased risk of potentially catastrophic damage. I've seen a stage2 remapped fabia (pushing 160hp/250nm on the 5 speed) dump its gearbox across the road when racing between lights, not a pretty sight.

My gearbox is rated for 250nm but is coping with 496nm. 

160bhp is abit low for a stage 2 though? I’ve seen stage 1s making 148-152bhp on an apr flash map. 

Record currently on a 1.2 tsi is 244bhp and that’s still going strong. 

42 minutes ago, AMD87 said:

My gearbox is rated for 250nm but is coping with 496nm. 

160bhp is abit low for a stage 2 though? I’ve seen stage 1s making 148-152bhp on an apr flash map. 

Record currently on a 1.2 tsi is 244bhp and that’s still going strong. 

Gearboxes aren't usually the issue to be honest, from what ive seen its the clutch that goes first. Poor changes and lugging it from low revs is what causes worst stress to the gearbox, rough power at low rpms is far worse than smooth power at higher rpms, lugging it's also bad for the engine. Drive properly and it'll likely be fine, drive like a madman and you'll soon burn or blow something, my friend found that out the hard way.

Stage 1 on a 1.2 TSi pushing 150? Stage 2 isn't usually much of an improvement over Stage 1, usually 10-20%, 160 isn't bad, managed with 'just' a custom intake/exhaust, Stage 3+ is where it gets spicy, many cases more than doubling stock BHP with hybrid turbos.

I've seen that 244 BHP, wonder how much of the engine they had to rebuild to get that far, looks absolutely nothing like any other 1.2 tsi i've seen for sure haha