New year- who’s got what planned for their Octavia?

7 minutes ago, ahenners said:

F1 AS3 are great, though depending on how soon you need, AS5 (they skipped 4) is due around March time I believe.

Thanks for the tip.. I can wait for the 5s

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I think it will be some time before you wear out the Bridgestones unless you take up drifting or track days to help with their replacement (4,400 mile per annum for you at present).:notme:

The car isn't used for commuting, mileage per month will vary accordingly and it has done you can't apply simple maths to attempt to work it out.. I'm on a budget of 8k per year and fully intend to use it all :) The bridgestones will come off and get stored in the rafters of the garage and get presented back with the car when It goes back - thats my current plan.

Edited by Scotty72
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

The car isn't used for commuting mileage per month will vary accordingly you can't apply simple maths to attempt to work it out.. I'm on a budget of 8k per year :) They will come off and get stored in the rafters of the garage and get presented back with the car when It goes back - thats my current plan.

I did that with my last car after 6 months and 6,000 miles the 17" SE alloys on my Superb made way for my current winter wheels, so whoever bought my Superb from the Skoda dealer had nearly new tyres even though it had then covered 16,000 miles when I traded it in. Good deal for someone and my present alloys have been used for 3 winters so far chalking up around 18,000 miles and 5mm front and 6mm rear depth left so plenty of life. Might try Michelin Cross Climates eventually for winter.:blink:

25 minutes ago, ahenners said:

F1 AS3 are great, though depending on how soon you need, AS5 (they skipped 4) is due around March time I believe.

17 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Thanks for the tip.. I can wait for the 5s

I fitted F1 AS3's on my 230. I have gone from 225/35/19 to 235/35/19. The Rim Protection is excellent, the tyre's rim protection really sticks out over the rim.

Excellent tyres.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

50 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I fitted F1 AS3's on my 230. I have gone from 225/35/19 to 235/35/19. The Rim Protection is excellent, the tyre's rim protection really sticks out over the rim.

Excellent tyres.

Thanks, good to know. I have the standard 18s which will obviously be staying. My throughts behind waiting for the As5s are two fold now.. 1. Seeing if they are an improvement over 3s if/when someone reviews or more like 2. It will make the excellent As3s cheaper :)

Edited by Scotty72

20 hours ago, Ads230 said:

24 months into ownership and starting to look at a few more fiddly interior mods, as well as few external things for refinement:

[Edit] - 'All the Things"...

Forgot Eibach front and rear Anti-Roll Bars (#E40-15-021-01-11). I know they're a bit dear at £400+ but from what I hear, worth it - have noticed recently how barge-like it can be, usually when recovering from uneven roads.

Obv H&R are also around (and do rears separately), but would be good to have both (as have matching Eibach springs).

1 hour ago, Scotty72 said:

Thanks, good to know. I have the standard 18s which will obviously be staying. My throughts behind waiting for the As5s are two fold now.. 1. Seeing if they are an improvement over 3s if/when someone reviews or more like 2. It will make the excellent As3s cheaper :)

Not entirely sure that the arrival of As5's will make the 3's cheaper, if you look on some online tyre sellers the As2's are more expensive than the 3's. For example on Blackcircle  Fully fitted As3' are £95.15 and As2's are £105.92.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stanian said:

Not entirely sure that the arrival of As5's will make the 3's cheaper, if you look on some online tyre sellers the As2's are more expensive than the 3's. For example on Blackcircle  Fully fitted As3' are £95.15 and As2's are £105.92.

I guess that could happen but how do you clear old stock without a sweetener? ;) If I can get the 5s cheaper than 3s its a no brainer.

17 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

I guess that could happen but how do you clear old stock without a sweetener? ;) If I can get the 5s cheaper than 3s its a no brainer.

Sometimes the new tyre can be cheaper because the manufacturer wants to get the product onto cars and people giving it a positive review hence more sales and greater profit.:o

In the motorcycle world which I have way over 

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Sometimes the new tyre can be cheaper because the manufacturer wants to get the product onto cars and people giving it a positive review hence more sales and greater profit.:o

In the decent motorcycle tyres world ( 22years and counting for me now on bikes)  newer models always mean the older models become cheaper. Newer stuff esp Michelins (on average most expensive) on bikes attracts a premium price for having the newest.

13 minutes ago, stanian said:

Sure, they ain't gonna sell the old stuff then lol odd way of doing it. I'll take the ass5s then once available.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2019 at 08:14, Gumby said:

Happy new year all! 

So who’s got what planned for their Octavia in 2019? 

Turning it in on or before late October when the 3 year deal runs out.

Gonna have fun car hunting and winding up a few salesmen.

2 hours ago, Scotty72 said:

Sure, they ain't gonna sell the old stuff then lol odd way of doing it. I'll take the ass5s then once available.

I agree it does seem odd, I thought they had it back to front when I saw it, but other sellers are doing the same.

@ahenners new year, new mod haha because I know you like chrome switches, I hear these ones are good :) first ones I’ve seen with the window switches on! I’m half tempted, but not yet. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223278278630

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

@ahenners new year, new mod haha because I know you like chrome switches, I hear these ones are good :) first ones I’ve seen with the window switches on! I’m half tempted, but not yet. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223278278630

Well remembered and looks like a great find! Thanks for sharing B)

Not cheap, but then I paid about £55 for the L and K chrome headlight switch alone some time ago so I guess with this you get all the window ones for free! Wonder if those single chrome switches are available on their own, I haven't seen those anywhere else before.

Your mod dedication is impressive! Not only for pushing the boundaries and finding new things not commonly done, but also for looking at how to spend even more money after laying down a few quid on the VC and MIB 2.5 retrofits! :D

• Like 1

Haha, I’m not sure how I feel about it as I’m really happy with my headlight switch with the black glossy trim but I like the chrome too. I dunno what to do now! I remember you looking for these with the window switches and I’ve not seen them before I saw these and I hear from someone who has fitted them that they are OEM quality. I’ll have a peek for them without the headlight switch if I can.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

Haha, I’m not sure how I feel about it as I’m really happy with my headlight switch with the black glossy trim but I like the chrome too. I dunno what to do now! I remember you looking for these with the window switches and I’ve not seen them before I saw these and I hear from someone who has fitted them that they are OEM quality. I’ll have a peek for them without the headlight switch if I can.

I'm kinda wondering if there's going to be any of the original car left soon. :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I'm kinda wondering if there's going to be any of the original car left soon. :D

Maybe Sasha will get an award from Councillor Murry lol aka the Triggers Broom of vRS' ;)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

22 minutes ago, Scotty72 said:

Maybe Sasha will get an award from Councillor Murry lol aka the Triggers Broom of vRS' ;)

I’m not that bad! I know it’s getting bad at this point, but I’m not there yet. The car has gone through every single size radio screen they did on the Mk3, starting with a 5.8 inch, going to a 6.5, then an 8 and tomorrow I hope a 9.2 inch one but otherwise you know, standard stuff :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

I’m not that bad! I know it’s getting bad at this point, but I’m not there yet. The car has gone through every single size radio screen they did on the Mk3, starting with a 5.8 inch, going to a 6.5, then an 8 and tomorrow I hope a 9.2 inch one but otherwise you know, standard stuff :D

Well I know I'm completely the other end of the spectrum with mine being PCH which equals zero mods :)

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 22:10, stanian said:

Not a grand but £585. Had the car since Wednesday, should be ready by Monday     Yes the Gtechniq is supposed to be good. Time will tell. 

Well 1st part of jobs to do is complete, paint corrected full exterior detail,and 3 coat ceramic protection applied. All glass trims and exhaust tips also polished and coated. I have to say these photo's dont do it justice, out in the daylight it just pops.

Octydetail1.jpg

Octydetail2.jpg