Run - out old model bargains

Possibly thinking about a Toledo or Rapid for the 3rd time and looking for bargains as it goes out of production, I've found a zero mile SE Tech under 11k. and a few zero mile SE Sports at 13.5k or less. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809290990824?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&sort=sponsored&maximum-mileage=100&advertising-location=at_cars&make=SKODA&radius=1500&model=RAPID SPACEBACK&postcode=dn311aa&page=1

Cant think these Skodas will last long, but there are also nearly 200 new top-spec Toledos out there under 13k, so maybe I'll wait for them to get cheaper - the cheapest of those is already down to 11.5k and I'm sure they'll have to go lower to shift them.

I had two Toledos and one Rapid before buying a Superb. Out of idle curiousity today I  surfed for used Toledos and found loads of the Xcellence variety with delivery miles at £12 to 13K. The Superb justifies its title but the Rapid was also an excellent motor. For anyone rational these Toledos must be the bargain of the century.

I'm very tempted by the Toledo again, currently £12k for the 110 Xcellence with all the bells and whistles delivery mileage. I would expect pre reg in Sept likely???

For those that have experienced the change from my model Toledo what can I expect engine wise performance with the 3 cylinder as opposed to the 4 cylinder?

Edit.....I've found the review by Pinkpanther, sounds rather good.

Edited by MickA

For 12k or less it really is a bargain. After 15 months, I'm still not a massive fan of the 1.0, but most other owners seem to like it. Once run in it's OK, but I was used to the 1.2 torque spread and it took me a long time to get used to not having it.

I would not hesitate to recommend the Toledo / Rapid to anyone, OK some make comments about ride or handling or other matters but for normal driving the car is good, However I have noticed much better ride since switching to 15" wheels with CrossClimate tyres than OEM 17" Bridgestone Potenza tyres and the aesthetics really do not suffer.  (manufacturer spare size 185-60-15 so certain to fit)

I'm in two minds TBH, might play the waiting game but I can't see them coming down much lower.

Reviewing my finances I can certainly afford one this time next year, they'll be gone by then and I'm guessing my current Toledo will be worth..........not a lot?

16 hours ago, MickA said:

I'm in two minds TBH, might play the waiting game but I can't see them coming down much lower.

Reviewing my finances I can certainly afford one this time next year, they'll be gone by then and I'm guessing my current Toledo will be worth..........not a lot?

Mine was same age as yours and I got 5.4k  trade in at 3.5 years old & 35000 in late 2017 if that helps.

^^^ Thanks for the info.

WBAC last year less than £5k for mine but I knew I was on a loser there, I was just curious. Had it up for sale last year, no takers, it's still like a new car overall and less than 20k miles on the clock.

I don't expect great things, I traded a Citigo in for the Toledo, that was an offer I couldn't refuse and such a bargain to buy as they are now.