vRS - rear seat area metallic rattle

I know there are numerous threads - I've searched and tried the solutions, but to no avail yet.

The noise is like that of loose change in your pocket, rattling, and comes from the back, passenger side. I've asked people when they're in the back to try to find it, but they just said seat-belt... which doesn't seem to make any sound, when I looked at it.

I've twisted that rubber bung / stopper behind the fold down seat as far out as it can go (and still allow the seat to lock back), and I've checked the area under the boot carpet for loose items.

The only thing I am now wondering is about the metal framework under the seat, where the base of the seat folds forwards and up. Could that be it?

Anyone got any other ideas?

I've always had a bit of a rattly sound from somewhere in the boot area of my car, although these past few days I've been riding around with the spare wheel on due to a puncture, and the flat wheel, jack etc. in the shed. The noise seems to have gone away - could just be coincidence, but might be worth checking all the bits in the toolbox that's inside the spare wheel are where they're supposed to be...?

I'm on my second Fabia (a VRS). My first Fabia (1.4 Comfort) used to do exactly the same thing - a most annoying mettalic rattle from the rear passenger area.

I never really tracked it down, but I have always suspected that its the light fixing in the boot area, which is on the left of the boot. Try looking there.

:confused:

The only thing I am now wondering is about the metal framework under the seat' date=' where the base of the seat folds forwards and up. Could that be it?

[/quote']

You can remove those bits completely, so maybe you should try that to see if the noise goes away? As regards the boot light, the whole thing comes away if you grip the carpetty stuff and give it a bit of a pull - although having done that when fitting my CD changer, I don't recall anything that's likely to make a rattling sound...

I think its the latch that causes this sound that holds the rear seat back in place.

I have this problem and although it went away when I fiddled about with the rubber stop, it has returned.

You can tell if it's that by just putting the rear seat down. Do one at a time so you can tell which one is causing the problem.

Mine is booked in for a service soon so I will mention it to them to have a look

had the same on my octy and it was the seat latch , wedged a cloth behind and no rattle since .

How did you do that - it's Friday and I'm having problems envisaging anything other than a pint.

Did you put the cloth over the metal hoop thing?

Cheers.

Got my car back from skoda. He said he had to adjust the rear seat fold down latch and the headrest was looked at.

Only driven it back from dealer but it seemed the was no rattle so fingers crossed. Worth a trip to the dealer id say.

Also some of you guys were right about the boot switch. The rear washer hose popped off and rusted the terminals.

Adam

I thought I'd fixed this - put some duck tape on the metal hoop behind the seat, and it stopped for nearly a week.

Started again yesterday. Might need more tape... at this rate, it'll end up like the Scooby, held together with tape and cable ties!

I had (what I thought) was a metallic rattle from EXACTLY the same area and, as others have posted, thought the same things.

It turned out it was the Fire Extinguisher I have in the velcro cradle tapping on the plastic trim in the boot !!!!!! :mad: :mad: Took 2 weeks to dawn on me. :rofl:

Guys, I had that problem on mine and it turned out to be the door clasp moving on the striker plate. I lubed it with little grease and I have not had a problem with it since. Hope this helps:thumbup:

I thought I'd fixed this - put some duck tape on the metal hoop behind the seat' date=' and it stopped for nearly a week.

Started again yesterday. Might need more tape... at this rate, it'll end up like the Scooby, held together with tape and cable ties![/quote']

Just an idea for you. On the hoop thats giving you grief, give it a lightish tap dowwards with a hammer and see how you get on. You will know if you have done it too much as the seat will be difficult to put back up again. But in its lower position the hoop will grip tighter on the catch and sjhouldnt jump about, also as mentioned wind out the rubber buffer stop a touch.

Mine has a rattle from the glovebox and an additonal one which non of you guys have mentioned - from the driver-side front door. Sounds like two door seals rubbing as I go over small bumps, it stops when i put my finger between door and seal. Safe to say its another thing to get sorted during the 10k service under warranty

Mine has a rattle from the glovebox and an additonal one which non of you guys have mentioned - from the driver-side front door. Sounds like two door seals rubbing as I go over small bumps, it stops when i put my finger between door and seal. Safe to say its another thing to get sorted during the 10k service under warranty

Glovebox rattle might be the lift-up lid mentioned earlier - try some door bumpers lilke you put on kitchen cupboards if the dealer can't fix it...