Badge remove

Use a hairdryer to warm it up and it should be removable with gentle pressure. Will obviously take longer in cold weather. 

Use WD40 to remove any glue residue left behind and then IPA on the paint for clean surface to stick the badge onto. 

5 hours ago, CWARD said:

Use a hairdryer to warm it up and it should be removable with gentle pressure. Will obviously take longer in cold weather. 

Use WD40 to remove any glue residue left behind and then IPA on the paint for clean surface to stick the badge onto. 

Just removed the front badge today.

Wish I’d read this beforehand!

It was a PITA removing the glue residue when cold. Took about 45 mins to get it all off.

1 minute ago, Jon TDI said:

Just removed the front badge today.

Wish I’d read this beforehand!

It was a PITA removing the glue residue when cold. Took about 45 mins to get it all off.

I'd done it the hard way before, then someone on a forum told me the above method afterwards too. At least you’ll remember for next time. 

13 minutes ago, encephalopathy said:

i like the look of the superskoda ones with the background colour to match your car colour but baulk at paying ~80 euro for a pair. will stick with a rattlecan of black plastidip for a tenner :)

Ouch, that is pricey for some plastic badges. 

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

I'd done it the hard way before, then someone on a forum told me the above method afterwards too. At least you’ll remember for next time. 

Yep, I’ve the rear one to do yet ;)

Yeah - as above heat gun / boiling water / hairdryer (double-up if you've had a shower to look like a right diva! ;) ), and then use old credit-card type tools and/or fishing wire down the edges to remove. I used bug/tar remover to get the glue off (Autoglym stuff works a treat).

@encephalopathy - rattle-can is good but more of a PITA to get done; just make sure you lacquer the beans out of it at the end to minimise scuff marks and the like. OR wait until Superskoda have a sale on, and buy-buy-buy :)