My new Kodiaq

So I picked up my new Kodiaq Edition 1.5 petrol DSG last week, in the fastest colour Petrol Blue :)

traded in my previous car a Mercedes C350e hybrid, and this Skoda is definitely an upgrade, it's quieter, smoother, has more technology and is considerably cheaper, so can't complain at that.

so far no sign of the infamous 1.5 kangaroo, but maybe that's because I have the DSG but it's been solid for me so far, and this includes some cold days, long and short commutes. 

My favourite bits are the driver assistance pack, having done a long two hour motorway drive, have the car do pretty much everything for me  was great, made for a very relaxing drive, even when cut up by the inevitable Audi driver, as the car just slows down automatically, then goes again when it can.  Love it!!

Just one question, is there some kind of knack to locking/unlocking the doors with kessy?  sometimes the double tap just won't work to open all doors, either that or it just wont lock when I press on the handle regardless of how I do it, so then I have to fumble around and use the key instead, is this a dealer issue or am I doing it wrong??

• Like 1

The manual says gripping the door handle unlocks the car. I find that simply placing my fingers on the inside of the handle  is enough (no need to grip). I haven't had any issues unlocking the car. For locking you have to touch the little nub on the outside of the handle. This usually works, sometimes I have to do a second attempt to make it lock. It seems fractionally less sensitive than the unlock sensor. I don't "double tap". All the doors unlock every time. I think this might be a setting in the vehicle menu?

Edited by gojoholo

Welcome!

Good to hear your 1.5 TSI is as smooth as it should be.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'double tap to unlock'. Are you tapping the door handle or the keyfob?

You can set the car up, so that when using the key fob, one press of the unlock button either opens all the doors (and fuel filler flap), or just the drivers door...

image.png.c3e4e41fa54f16af463666187673b8ee.png

If you're referring to KESSY there is no double tap required, simply grab the door handle as you would to open it, keep hold of it whilst the car unlocks then pull it to open the door...

image.png.078a2774afa659150601b4bab5c138f4.png

If operating correctly the key needs to be on your person, or as close top the car as possible for KESSY to work.

Edited by silver1011

Thanks for all your help, I think I may have solved it now, I have KESSY and need to do the double tap to open the passenger doors, but as you say I can turn this off in the multitude of menus...  The problem I have with locking is because, and as in the words of the late, great Steve Jobs, I was holding it wrong.  Basically, by grabbing the whole handle then pressing the nub, I was both locking and unlocking at the same time which confused the car, and made it give up on the KESSY.  So now I've adjusted my technique to not grab the handle and just thumb press the nub.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WaterMelonMan said:

I've found using the back of my hand on the handle to lock the car works more consistently than a digit or palm as well as being ergonomically more comfortable.

+1. I do this all the time too.