Disklok Size?

Not got the new car yet but I'm shopping for added security. 

Can someone tell me which size Disklok I should purchase for the Kodiaq? 

Small: fits 35 to 39cm diameter
Medium: fits 39 to 41.5cm diameter
Large: fits 41.5 to 44cm diameter

Thanks in advance WW

I'm making an assumption here, but it would be worth stating which model of Kodiaq you're getting as steering wheel sizes may vary e.g. the Sportline wheel has a flat bottom, so maybe different models get different sizes.

If you don't get a reply here, I'm sure a trip or a phone call to your dealer would get you an answer - they should be pleased to help if your giving them several thousand ££££s soon.

For what it's worth, the steering wheel diameter of my 2018 SEL is 375mm.

• Like 1

good plan @AndyMorris !  Since the kodiaq with its keyless start has about the same security of an unlocked car with the engine running and keys in it old fashioned security locks are again needed 2019! shm.  I'd suggest a couple (one for spares) of relay theft blocking pouches for safe storage of your keys also or instead of. 

I'd second the above post. I have two and they work very well - I got two from E-Bay for less than £10. Mine are big enough to take extra keys but smaller ones that fit more easily into your pocket are available.

Worth having even if you get a Disklok.

I'm not completely convinced they're necessary, but for the sake of £7 delivered to my door (for a pack of two) thought I'd try and get in to the habit of dropping the keys in on a night...

20190127_181911.thumb.jpg.ec98d9d3cc2ac22235b4d3481943386c.jpg

20190127_181819.thumb.jpg.7d756d4c6900ed2a6780077cb152982d.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CNPW5RQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.thumb.png.4cba8e928b03c3c09d255e365599fc05.png

Edited by silver1011

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I'm not completely convinced they're necessary, but for the sake of £7 delivered to my door (for a pack of two) thought I'd try and get in to the habit of dropping the keys in on a night...

20190127_181911.thumb.jpg.ec98d9d3cc2ac22235b4d3481943386c.jpg

20190127_181819.thumb.jpg.7d756d4c6900ed2a6780077cb152982d.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CNPW5RQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

image.thumb.png.4cba8e928b03c3c09d255e365599fc05.png

Do they actually work?

I recall reading it somewhere that they don't work.

I use an empty biscuit tin box but as you can imagine, it isn't the most convenient item to lug around.

Apparently not all Faraday bags are created equal, some work and some don't. It's the same with many products on the internet, there's always a load of people out there who jump on the bandwagon with inferior products to make a quick buck.

Mine work right next to the car, and also stop the signal getting to the car if the key unlock button is pressed accidentally whilst the key is in the bag.

If you go this route, be sure to get two (as above) so you can put your spare key in the other one.

6 minutes ago, olderman1 said:

Apparently not all Faraday bags are created equal, some work and some don't. It's the same with many products on the internet, there's always a load of people out there who jump on the bandwagon with inferior products to make a quick buck.

Mine work right next to the car, and also stop the signal getting to the car if the key unlock button is pressed accidentally whilst the key is in the bag.

If you go this route, be sure to get two (as above) so you can put your spare key in the other one.

I am hoping one of the pouch takes two of the the keys as I have 3 keys.

If you've ordered the same ones as me then they'll take two keys, as long as you don't have a load of others keys or key rings attached to them.

For them to work properly you need to ensure the Velcro flap is fixed closed.

Just ordered the same ones. They seem better than my original key pouch as these have the metal loop to hang them up. Also handy to have two, one for the house, and one to keep in the car, as it’s just as possible to have your car stolen when your car is parked up at a hotel, pub etc. Thanks for the info.:thumbup:

• Like 1

On 27/01/2019 at 21:55, Sabertooth said:

I recall reading it somewhere that they don't work.

I use an empty biscuit tin box but as you can imagine, it isn't the most convenient item to lug around.

Yep they work. I tested the pouch I purchased by putting the keys inside it while sitting in the car and tried to push the engine start. Won't start with keys in the blocker pouch. Home made faraday boxes/tins don't always work. It's not about making a metal airtight container.. it's more the material property in absorbing signal, usually made up of multiple metallic layers. A zero cost option is to put your keys in the microwave overnight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/02/2019 at 11:04, NCC-74656 said:

A zero cost option is to put your keys in the microwave overnight.

Remind the family you've done that before bleary-eyed kids put their Ready Brek in the microwave in the morning (other porridge-esque sludgy cereals are available)