paint black headlights

On 17/07/2019 at 12:11, DriverTom said:

Can anybody confirm if the projectors inside these headlights are Hella e55's. I'm considering replacing the units with some Morimoto HID projectors...

I assume you're looking at the EVOX-R from Morimoto?

Not sure if you'd noticed but they only come in LHD versions so are no good in the UK unfortunately.

5 hours ago, langers2k said:

I assume you're looking at the EVOX-R from Morimoto?

Not sure if you'd noticed but they only come in LHD versions so are no good in the UK unfortunately.

I'm going for the e55 "retro quick" kit. Morimoto Mini DS 5.0 with a laser cut adapter bracket.

Here's the link if anyone else is interested.

Edited by DriverTom

• 2 weeks later...

I've been inspired and started to get my headlights ready for the projector upgrade. I've added an additional led indicator in the side light reflector. Looks fairly stealth when the diffusion lens is back on 😎

IMG_20190810_142111.jpg

IMG_20190810_142041.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Don't buy Philips, it sucks. Just after 2 days, I got rid of the Ultinons and put some cheap 5000K xenon in that works like a charm. I had less light this with these stupid LEDs than with a small hand flashlight.

I had to modify the electrical wiring, add some + connection on the battery and add an extra relay. Default wiring is not compatible with H7 headlights, but not so hard anyway; I forgot to mention.

Got rid of the Ultinon signals also. They mess with the radio and dashboard for an unknown reason. It looks better with orange OEM bulbs after all.