Upgrading car audio - possible inexpensive solution

tkn

Hello all,

Having recently become the owner of a Superb 3 SE Hatch I was looking at ways of inexpensively upgrading the sound system whilst keeping the stock bolero head unit, which I understand does not have low level RCA out.

What do you think of this idea?:

Connect this adaptor to the back of the head unit:

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/match/adaptors-harnesses/pp-ac-92b

Which will hopefully fit to the adaptor provided with this amplifier to provide high level input:

https://www.crowncustomscaraudio.co.uk/collections/oem-integration-amplifiers/products/vibe-powerbox-amp-4-x-65w-micro-amp

The amplifier also has a low level output, which could be connected to an active under seat sub like the following:

https://www.halfords.com/technology/car-audio/car-amps-subs/vibe-optisound-auto-8-active-underseat-subwoofer-enclosure

I'm not sure if this would work and obviously the audiotec-fischer adapter was designed to use with their amps and not the above - but it looks like it has the same connections as the adaptor bundled with the Vibe amplifier. Do you think this setup would work as an inexpensive audio upgrade and boost the standard speakers a little whilst adding more depth with an active sub?

Share your thoughts!

• 1 month later...

i maybe wrong, but those harnesses look like they adapt VW Quadlock to a standard ISO Din for a normal head unit to plug into.

If your wanting an adaptor to give you a preout to plug a normal amp into i think you will need to look elsewhere.

If i'm wrong, please let me know, its been a few years since i dabbled in car audio, and to be honest i have a pile of amps i would like to throw into our superb to fix the standard canton system

These harnesses just give you access to the switched power and speaker wires to t-off to an amplifier that takes high-level inputs.

It will do me for what I need as the Kenwood under-seat subwoofer accepts speaker level input.

1 hour ago, Pessimal said:

i maybe wrong, but those harnesses look like they adapt VW Quadlock to a standard ISO Din for a normal head unit to plug into.

If your wanting an adaptor to give you a preout to plug a normal amp into i think you will need to look elsewhere.

If i'm wrong, please let me know, its been a few years since i dabbled in car audio, and to be honest i have a pile of amps i would like to throw into our superb to fix the standard canton system

You are wrong 

2 hours ago, Pessimal said:

fair enough!

That adaptor will work with the amp listed above, or the Auditec Fischer Match amps.

If you buy the amp I listed above with the adaptor, you can plug in the amp without using any extra wires, or modifying any existing wires.

You can set the amp to only output frequencies above 80hz, which would mean the speakers could handle a higher load. The amp also has RCA out, which you could then plug into the sub. The amp also has a + remote out, which you could use the connect to the sub's remote on. You could then use a fuse piggy back to power the sub.

I have the amp installed, it works. I just need to get a sub, when I feel like taking the trim off the car to route it to the back!