Superb wipers not working HELP

Can anyone help, having problems with my wipers. girlfriend called to say they were going mental and wouldnt turn off, she pulled the fuse and replaced it and they were fine. we now have nothing apart from washer jets. had the AA out and they diagnosed it as a dodgy wiper stalk, ive replaced this amd the wipers worked for 30 seconds and stopped again. im back to just washer jets working again. ive checked and bypassed the bonnet sensor which did nothing, ive also checked the power going to the motor but only connection no.4 has power which is constant. please help im starting to loose faith. thanks in advance. Steve

That's why you need to plug the car in and read any logged fault codes. Until then you'll potentially be throwing good money after bad.

Check here to see if there is anyone close to you with VCDS...

• Like 1

It’s a bit difficult now I have put everything back together. If you remove the battery you will see two lots of cables/harness running between the top right corner of the battery tray and the bulkhead. It was the right hand one that had been rubbing and had split the cable, you could see where it had shorted on the tray due to a grey discolouration next to the cables. 

• Like 2

Hey that's a coincidence. 

I had exactly the same symptoms a year ago and the fault was a chafed wire behind the battery box. 

Seems like an area worth taking a look at. 

• Like 1