Fabia III 95ps purchase!

I know what you mean! My Fabia has been fantastic, and I've loved having it. But I felt far more when my old Polo (which I passed onto my brother) went off to the scrapyard than I do now for my Fabia being traded in. I suppose you always bond with your first car, which is what the Polo was! Plus, the Polo was being scrapped, while the Fabia is off to be sold on to someone else. 

• Like 1

Don't activate the cornering lights, I've got them on my current SEAT and they are infuriating. Yes, it's handy to see a bit more but most of the time they are daft, especially when manouvering in car parks etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryG said:

Don't activate the cornering lights, I've got them on my current SEAT and they are infuriating. Yes, it's handy to see a bit more but most of the time they are daft, especially when manouvering in car parks etc.

I fully get where you’re coming from. Fortunately/unfortunately I have the Gower roads on my doorstep so they come in particular handy for then. I’ve had them on an old car (Clio) and they’re on my OH’s Polo and I find them more useful than not. If I end up falling out of favour with them I can turn them off just as easily!

Thanks for the input BarryG. :) 

Thanks Barry, I’m sure it will! I’ll be sure to put up an obligatory photo once received! There’s a near identical (non facelift) around the corner from my parents and that looks great. 

• 2 weeks later...

Unimportant update time! 

Email saying that it won’t be delivered in time for this weekend. Great. Hopefully an update tomorrow to say when it’ll be delivered or there’ll be more miles again on my part-ex...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceax said:

Yup and just to rub salt in they have emailed me over my paperwork with new reg on.

So close but yet so far

What a bunch of... bar stewards! :D That really is unfair!

The race is on...  who will get theirs first?! My bet is on you!

2 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

What a bunch of... bar stewards! :D That really is unfair!

The race is on...  who will get theirs first?! My bet is on you!

Well we have progress , trim is on its way from Europe - MIGHT be on for friday.

Woop

• Like 1

UNIMPORTANT UPDATE NUMBER...Who really cares?

Due to be on the transporter tomorrow, hopefully equating to delivery Friday. Thereafter, it's 4 days to get through the workshop and paperwork etc.

Should have a more conclusive date for receipt on Friday!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vc-10 said:

The agony of waiting is awful isn't it! I've been bugging the dealer for my new Ibiza like crazy, I bet he can't wait to hand over my car and be done with me :D

I'm getting this feeling, too. :D Hopefully, it'll pay off! I guess an extra 4 days (or whatever) it takes to deliver and process the car isn't going to do me any harm. Just a good job I didn't go about selling my car privately or organising my insurance to change on the initially-advised 'handover' day... that would have caused an issue...

Edited by Benz3ne

My pointless update.

Dacia part has arrived and is being fitted as we speak. Has to get a valet then through QC - can al this be done, collcted then @ skoda for a handover before it closes tomorrow.

Lets see!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iceax said:

Yeah I'm happy, dealer didn't turn on Auto lock mind ah well minor issue 

Just let them know - they can turn it on very easily, very quickly. And free ! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

Hopefully my rallye green and black one! :D 

Haha it was a toss up between the two for me, blue was available quicker so that was the deal breaker haha

19 minutes ago, Iceax said:

Haha it was a toss up between the two for me, blue was available quicker so that was the deal breaker haha

Likewise but was basically a flip a coin scenario! Green won out as I’ve never owned a green car before, haha!

• Haha 1

Shoutout to the Briskoda forums for pointing me directly to an easy-to-utilise GAP Insurance provider. Happy with the one-off payment to cover the next 3 years, simplistic interface and 'seal of approval' from Briskoda!

T-minus 1 hour until pickup!

Edited by Benz3ne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

Shoutout to the Briskoda forums for pointing me directly to an easy-to-utilise GAP Insurance provider. Happy with the one-off payment to cover the next 3 years, simplistic interface and 'seal of approval' from Briskoda!

T-minus 1 hour until pickup!

Oooh exciting.

Who did you use for gap, think im going with ALA?

Thanks

A