Fabia III 95ps purchase!

43 minutes ago, sparckzero said:

Good luck with the collection! Let us know how it goes.

Very well thank you! I’ll crack up an obligatory photo tomorrow! :) nice, quiet ride. 100% different to the old car - will definitely miss it but need a sensible head on now. 

• Like 1

Nice, congratulations! I downsized from a Focus Titanium X to a Fabia in 2017 - very happy with it, although I'll definitely be looking for something a bit bigger next time around...roll on 2020!

• Like 1

48mpg reported on the dash on my way into work this morning. Approximately 9 miles of mixed driving, whilst getting used to the throttle response, response of engine at various revs, some light motorway driving at 67mph and getting used to the clutch.

Also, some little things I've seen reported on the older marques which may (or may not) vary to the new one.

• There is comfort opening and one-touch front windows, both passenger and driver, for the 2019 model I have.
  • There is no obvious interior light in the cup-holder area/cubby, which is smaller than my OH's '17 Polo's. Doesn't bother me, phone fits there and there's plenty of 'other' space.
  • This 'Colour Edition' does have coming home/leaving home lights already on, set for 10s each.
  • It does not come with 'auto lock at speed' activated, or available to activate, from the factory. I forgot to ask about this but I'm planning on adding a couple of features with Carista/OBD Eleven so this doesn't bother me. I also rarely drive with passengers, with the exception of trips to the beach with the dogs.

FWIW, my old car was reported significantly less than that for motorway consumption. I reckon it didn't even come close to the reported figures, either.

TL, DR; Happy bunny so far!

4 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

48mpg reported on the dash on my way into work this morning. Approximately 9 miles of mixed driving, whilst getting used to the throttle response, response of engine at various revs, some light motorway driving at 67mph and getting used to the clutch.

Also, some little things I've seen reported on the older marques which may (or may not) vary to the new one.

• There is comfort opening and one-touch front windows, both passenger and driver, for the 2019 model I have.
  • There is no obvious interior light in the cup-holder area/cubby, which is smaller than my OH's '17 Polo's. Doesn't bother me, phone fits there and there's plenty of 'other' space.
  • This 'Colour Edition' does have coming home/leaving home lights already on, set for 10s each.
  • It does not come with 'auto lock at speed' activated, or available to activate, from the factory. I forgot to ask about this but I'm planning on adding a couple of features with Carista/OBD Eleven so this doesn't bother me. I also rarely drive with passengers, with the exception of trips to the beach with the dogs.

FWIW, my old car was reported significantly less than that for motorway consumption. I reckon it didn't even come close to the reported figures, either.

TL, DR; Happy bunny so far!

Good post, i should have done this at the weekend so you knew what to expect.

I also returned 50mpg on my first trip to shell and back - has since dropped to 41 due to rush hour commutes.

Got on the motorway yesterday and got carried away as the road noise was so low compared to my Sandereo.

Do like the double sized cup holder, ive filled mine with the belkin phone holder and can still get a red bull in there - also the door bottle holders are great for

decent size bottles of water.

Ive put 120 miles on the clock and so far all is good!

A

1 minute ago, Iceax said:

Good post, i should have done this at the weekend so you knew what to expect.

I also returned 50mpg on my first trip to shell and back - has since dropped to 41 due to rush hour commutes.

Got on the motorway yesterday and got carried away as the road noise was so low compared to my Sandereo.

Do like the double sized cup holder, ive filled mine with the belkin phone holder and can still get a red bull in there - also the door bottle holders are great for

decent size bottles of water.

Ive put 120 miles on the clock and so far all is good!

A

NB: Response to comfort opening below.

Great mileage! I'll be doing a 120 mile round trip tomorrow so that'll be a nice experience with some longer motorway miles. The cruise control is very easy to use, and increases/decreases in 1mph increments which is great.

They advised that there's no break-in period when I picked it up, to which I'm dubious. They did say that if I was treating the first 1k miles as break-in, that it's better 'more hammered' than taken easy, which I can understand. I'm trying to keep less than 3.5k RPM and varying speeds, gears etc. to get a good amount of rev-range in.

This is quieter on the motorway than my old car was at idle (slight exaggeration... maybe).

That's a good plan, I was thinking of an air-vent phone holder but I'm not so sure. I don't like fiddling with my phone at any point during the journey (contrary to my 25-30 age group) but CarPlay does do away with some of that.

The door holders are a very decent size!

Comfort opening - If I remember the terminology correctly, it's when you hold the open button on the key fob and it opens the windows. Let go of the unlock and the windows stop unwinding. You can also put the windows back up by holding the lock button. :) Tried that this morning and it works great.

You can also activate 1 press for all doors. Press the 'car' button, right hand side of the display, there should be something pertaining to 'locking/unlocking' and it'll have an option for key press opens 'single door', click the 'single door' and you can select all doors. First thing I did as it's what I'm used to.

Dealer just called as I had a couple of queries one being auto locking. 

Told me it isn't on a fabia and isn't even on the infotainment system. 

He would speak to a technician and get back to me to confirm it can't be turned on. 

Face, palm. 

• Haha 1

Heads up! Carista is on Amazon with a months free premium subscription for £16 posted next day with prime. 

One ordered! Needle sweep and cornering lights here I come! 

Luckily, it’ll also double-up for OBD Eleven app, so I’ll be sure to try the long-code hill hold! ;) 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

Heads up! Carista is on Amazon with a months free premium subscription for £16 posted next day with prime. 

One ordered! Needle sweep and cornering lights here I come! 

Luckily, it’ll also double-up for OBD Eleven app, so I’ll be sure to try the long-code hill hold! ;) 

Let me know how you get on. 

Can you also try auto locking enable too before I order. 

Thanks 

A

11 minutes ago, Iceax said:

Let me know how you get on. 

Can you also try auto locking enable too before I order. 

Thanks 

A

Absolutely! I shall do just that! A useful feature so I’ll be sure to let you know how I get on. :) should arrive Monday and I’ll try it out Tuesday. :) 

11 hours ago, Benz3ne said:

Absolutely! I shall do just that! A useful feature so I’ll be sure to let you know how I get on. :) should arrive Monday and I’ll try it out Tuesday. :) 

Many thanks 

Apparently it says it for most cars. I checked with my previous two cars models and said the same. Either way it’s known to work. :) 

mentions the incorrectness of that in the description somewhere! 

• Thanks 1

At least on my pre-facelift Fabia SE L (2017), I used Carista to enable cornering fogs, needle sweep and automatic locking when setting off (which also now as its own option on the infotainment system).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perfect! Cheers for this Sparckzero. I’ve realised OBD Eleven can only work with Android (I’m on iOS) so I’ll have to dig out an old phone (goodness knows where it might be) or borrow my tablet back off my younger brother (who is using it for notes in uni...). Hmm. :P 

Either way, I’ll give Carista a go first! 

• Thanks 1

Carista has been (lightly) used. There were no options for hill-hold (as I sort of anticipated) or cornering lights (which was entirely unanticipated). However, I have now activated the refuel quantity, auto-locking and needle sweep. Can't think of anything else I need to sort out at this stage. I would like hill-hold but really that's just because I'm being lazy with the handbrake, and cornering lights are not absolutely necessary so I can hold off sorting those out. 1 month free trial and I'm done with adjustments in approximately 3 minutes 42 seconds. Unless, of course, someone else has suggestions for things I should look at? :)

Very easy to use, plug in (easy to find), download app (easy), start app and 'pay' for free month via Touch-ID (simple), click 'customise' (again, easy), choose aspect to customise and hit 'save' (yup, simple). 

Edited by Benz3ne

12 minutes ago, Benz3ne said:

Carista has been (lightly) used. There were no options for hill-hold (as I sort of anticipated) or cornering lights (which was entirely unanticipated). However, I have now activated the refuel quantity, auto-locking and needle sweep. Can't think of anything else I need to sort out at this stage. I would like hill-hold but really that's just because I'm being lazy with the handbrake, and cornering lights are not absolutely necessary so I can hold off sorting those out. 1 month free trial and I'm done with adjustments in approximately 3 minutes 42 seconds. Unless, of course, someone else has suggestions for things I should look at? :)

Very easy to use, plug in (easy to find), download app (easy), start app and 'pay' for free month via Touch-ID (simple), click 'customise' (again, easy), choose aspect to customise and hit 'save' (yup, simple). 

Great post that, reckon ill put that on my list.

A

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Benz3ne said:

Do doors auto unlock too when you stop / take keys out?

Thanks

A