Screen fitting replacement

On 04/02/2019 at 09:37, KenONeill said:

No, but I'd want the job done right rather than cheap. Most comprehensive policies will let you get the job done by someone like Autoglass for £50 or so.

Wow done right and autoglass in the same post. My excess is 100. And because everybody thinks that going through the insurance is the best and only way, you can get a second hand screen for next to nothing and at the end of the day they are  just glued in. 

Edited by Skodaste1977

I worked for an insurance company a long time ago and claiming for a screen on your insurance won't effect your no claims but it does still go down as a claim. The company I worked for did take this in to consideration when it was time for renewal. If you stayed with them they got there money back. Think on people

It's window bond mate they sell in on ebay. It's like a thick black silicone sealer. The old bond scrapes off. We have glass fitters come to our work to do all the vans. 

Edited by Skodaste1977