Warning ?

josall

When starting my Yeti SE Drive,   'Inspection Now'   appears in the centre of the instrument cluster, upon driving off it disappears, I have trawled my Owners Manual for an explanation with no success

Can anyone offer advice?

The Car thinks an Inspection Service is due, maybe not a Oil Service, it will depend what the tech set the Service Interval at last time.

When was the last service in days and miles?  & is the car on Fixed Servicing @ 9,400 miles / 372 days or what comes first or on Variable Servicing, 

24 months / 18,000-20,000 miles?

oops sorry Skoffski, registered 31/05/2017

Last service, 28/06/2018, mileage 6093

Mileage now, 8948

No numerous cold start, short journeys

The vehicle is on a service plan, stating next service May 2019

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, josall said:

Garage told me to ignore it until next service in June, sounds like it wasn't reset properly after its last service

That's not good, nearly 6 months of every time you start the engine :doh:

At least on the Swedish market, "service" and "inspection" are two different things. The "inspection" has to do with things like corrosion warranty - they do an extensive check of the general condition of bodywork etc.

In the UK any Service or visit to a Main Dealers Workshop should include the Bodywork Inspection, for damage and proper or not repairs.

Keeping the Paint & Corrosion Warranty Valid.

Not that extensive.

It was a page after every Minor / Inspection Service and Major Service when there were Service Books that got written up and initials and a stamp, and put on the System.

It should still be now with no Service Books.

Skoda UK are ;Refusing / rejecting' some Paint or Corrosion Warranty claims saying that Regular, Annual or B-Annual Body Inspections were not done.

Odd thing is they know where they were not done when vehicles have Main Dealer Servicing Histories.

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/servicing-maintenance-fixed-price

'See Vehicle Inspection'.  That is the Inspection part,

Edited by Skoffski